Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 06 XB12x fork swap options?

06 XB12x fork swap options?

I made a pretty big mistake. I damaged the Right fork and the parts are obsolete and hard to find.

The bike is in pretty good condition so I didn’t want to part out (yet).

Looking for options to swap out the fork and triple tree with maybe a new one 08+? Any suggestions? Should I just part out? Kinda bummed out about it...

Thanks for your time! 🙏🏻🤙🏻
    Last edited by JaeOneDa; 09-01-2020 at 03:33 AM.

I wouldn't be in too much of a hurry to part it out, some one will have one, give them some time to see this and then post it back after awhile.

If you do end up parting it out ( and I do hope you don't ) I could use a few parts so keep me in mind.
    Last edited by njloco; 09-01-2020 at 02:03 AM.

Thank you.

I’ll keep you in mind

What part is damaged? With all the Buell forks available on e-bay, you could scavenge what you need.

Be careful and check the length and diameter (if thats the part you need) because most of the Buell forks are listed incorrectly as if they fit all Buell XB's. They don't.

I damaged the damper assembly, and spring adjuster. I haven’t been able to take it apart due to not taking off the snap ring and pushing the adjuster up and over it which caused it to seize😞😭.

I have found many forks but none match the 06 XB12X. And with parts being obsolete for this bike, I thought that changing the whole fork/triple tree assembly would be the best option so it could be replaced quicker. 🙏🏻

I’d be very grateful if I could get someone’s experience. I have read that using different model buells triple-tree/forks could be an option but I didn’t see the specifics on it. 🤷🏻*♂️

Thanks again for your time!

There is a guy selling a set of 06 Uly forks on badweb

Quote Originally Posted by KickerDRB View Post
    There is a guy selling a set of 06 Uly forks on badweb
    Thanks! I just signed up for that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JaeOneDa View Post
    the best option so it could be replaced quicker.

Why not just do a google search for the fork leg part #? That would be the quickest way. I know there is a brand new one for sale out there.

In the time you spent on here asking everyone else to do the leg work for you has cost you time.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 09-01-2020 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Why not just do a google search for the fork leg part #? That would be the quickest way. I know there is a brand new one for sale out there at VPI.

In the time you spent on here asking everyone else to do the leg work for you has cost you time.
    There’s always one like you...

I’m not asking anyone to find parts for me. I’m asking about switching fork sets. Your assumptions, I’m sure, have once again proved you to be... well, unhelpful to say the least.

VPI does have a set - only dealers can purchase. My dealer is unresponsive - located in Hawaii so options are limited.

So, if you have recommendations on a fork set that I could use on my 06 XB12x (putting another years triple tree and fork on my 06), I would be happy to hear what you have to say.

Sir: hope this helps. several good sets on ebay.

there is no such thing as a 2005 XB-X model. it first appeared in 2006
    2006-2007 forks and triple clamps top and bottom exactly the same. the fork stanchion OD is 43mm
    2008-end of model run forks and triple clamps the same but different than prior years. the fork stanchion OD is 47mm
    2006 fork springs are slightly lighter spring rate than the 2007 springs.

the 08-up forks have an offset front axle. The axle is pushed rear of the center of the 3/8" to offset the 08-up triples holding the forks forward the steering neck 3/8" more than the 06-07 triples, so that the combination of the trees and forks achieves the same rake and trail as the 06-07 models. the complete set-ups being the forks...triple clamps...steering stems can be interchanged with no adverse affect on handling. the steering neck and bearing dimensions exactly the same for all year X and XT models.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast