Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buelltooth Mufflers

No worries... Just blabbing my opinions

Not to argue with all the reasons not to use the muffler as a jacking point but I was on the Drummer website (again) and he does claim you can still use his muffler for jacking. The bike. Off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Gas and oil will be fine for up to 2 years:
    I think you've been sniffing that 2 year old gas. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    *Importantly though, I don't believe you can use the jack points on the Drummer anyway? You'd have to ask Kevin, but theres no longer any support inside it, just a screen to wrap padding around. I don't know any aftermarket muffler you can jack it up on if that's your priority... you might be looking for a factory Buell "Race muffler".
    I think you may be OK jacking up one of his steel "converted from stock" mufflers.

Unless you were able to lift by the endcaps on the SS one, I imagine you could do it in a pinch, if you're in "fix it or die Montana".... but I wouldn't do it.

I'd do it too if i had too, and by the end cap is plenty strong enough IMO. Just saying I had the converted-from-stock one apart and the OE interior bracing thats at the arrow 'jack here' point at the front is all gutted, leaving the oval tube only. YMMV.

MMMM hmmmm 34:19, The smell of varnished gas always reminds me of starting a brand new project and makes me sleepy

I made my muffler and kept the supports. JIC. I did have a fuel pump go out. I made a U from a 2x8 IIRC, screwed a base onto it and it held the rear tire off the ground. Strapped the front forks to the trailer. Stable, no issues. Also used it to swap out front wheel bearings. At the time I didn't use the kickstand to pivot the bike as there was talk of weak kickstands and bikes falling over. Which Buell did replace on mine. Didn't fall over, but a recall came out IIRC.
    '

I have now gotten a set of stands and of course I now have 2 bikes.....Vicious cycle

Pics or it didnt happen!

i'Hey guys I was reading through this and noticed there were no replies from anyone who has used the SG model. I personally like the style of that one more, and have been curious about it's quality. The price seems a little too good to be true, and I think the discount is due to Chinese manufacturing. They used to offer another model on their website that said made in the USA and seemed to be higher quality stainless, but I'm guessing the demand wasn't there (sad, since I think that one was still only $450).

I thought you had a Drummer or some other performance pipe?

Cooter is buddies with the Buelltooth guy.

I've got a Jardine, going to take the end cap off and re-pack it while I've got everything off the bike. I've heard quite a few quality issues with the Jardine, and have been curious about other options. Drummer's at the top of my list right now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast