Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Track days...,apparel....input...advice...

^^^^^^^ 34 get out there, no question you can do it man! If my old ass can do it so can you!

And here I thought I was your rich friend, of course that would be less the $$$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Its is a pretty wicked lean. I dont have the nerve or the skill to pull anything close to that off. F'ckin yeah!
    You did notice the thread right? This is gonna be my first track day. I'm around 4 yrs shy of Wickedchop...and I'm going out there. However...I Wonder how this is gonna measure up against skydiving....hmmm

Ended up working the day I planned to go watcha track day, since the bikes are down. Next one is May 10.

Wickedchop had a suit listed for sale. Didn't know it when I started this thread. We exchanged numbers and chatted on the phone. Awesome guy. Even tolerates my stupid questions, like where/how the knee sliders attach. Yea I asked that question. So I'm off to look for knee pucks. I Might try these
    https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...e-sliders-2018

Today I got my suit from WC.
    I can tell I'm gonna be entertaining to observers donning/doffing the suit.
    I did heed his advice and not use a knife to open the box. Suit is awesome. It will work, and I hope I never need it.

WC you DA man!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Right on Bob. Call Justin at Trackside Parts Club. He will hook you up with sliders, back protector, whatever you need. He supports us at the track and almost always beats anyone else's prices. Good dude for sure. Tell him I sent you....

Flashbacks cause random thoughts…just sayin

Jimi never gets old. I did get to see ZZ Top and lynyrd skynyrd around 96ish. ZZ Top is oming to the PNW. Was told some seats close to $700!! WTF!?

Another thing, we did all the stupid things before cell phone cameras.

https://youtu.be/1uQO3vv9qzw
    Last edited by rb70383; 04-26-2019 at 05:49 PM.

A hologram of Jimmy playing the Star Spangled banner with his teeth, is supposed to open the 50th anniversary of Woodstock, coming up this August. If I go this time, I think I'll have to buy tickets, bummer !

Inside passes are dangerous compared to outside passes & don't follow directly behind the rider in front of you. 90% brake too early. A groups an exception for the most part. And stamina is a must.

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    And stamina is a must.
    True that! I'll skip a couple morning sessions to completely rest and the track is usually pretty empty after the lunch session anyway for your own private race track

Last event I passed on the last session. As a matter of fact, I came in early the prior session. Hands and shoulders very sore. I only have 2 working fingers on my throttle hand so it takes a beating. Nice to have a one finger brake.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast