Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any of you guys fly? I'm thinking about buying an ultralight

Don't mess with those silly welded wings, come to the dark side...

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Don't forget, you can also build your own plane and although you would have to get a pilot's license, you could do all the annuals yourself, just make sure you know what your doing and that you indeed do it.
    Yep, that's a couple of really good points. Building is a consideration, and I may look at that down the road. I'm currently watching several different places hoping to pick up a used, but not abused aircraft. The ultralight route is very interesting to me because of the sheer simplicity of the equipment. It's a minimalist way to fly. Lot's of things to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by Fishtank View Post
    Don't mess with those silly welded wings, come to the dark side...

NICE! Is that a Bell? What's it used for? I've never been in a copter before. Very interesting.

Yup, Bell 206 Jetranger III. I do a wide variety of work from Forestry, Oil & Gas, Wildfire Suppression, Animal Surveys, Fish Counting, Avalanche Bombing, Tour Flights and even Flight Training. Its kinda the chevy pickup of the industry, it does everything.

In the foreground is my '08 ss that was a little neglected by the PO, picking away on a few leaks and upgrades.

That's awesome. There are so many unique uses for helicopters. I like the orange airbox cover and windshield on the bike. I have an 09 Cherry Bomb XB9SX. Luv a Buell. Fly safe brother.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12