Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Selling my baby...

Not really ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, totally different bike !

Yeah but.... ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^, I really do like that SCG. I do kind of know that is isn't a Uly.
    Just a little 'buyers remorse' with the meticulously maintained lie. My Uly was filthy and not very pretty.
    My bad.

My 07 SS was really, really dirty,, even when the original owner sent me pictures, I asked him if there was something wrong with his camera, he said no and that the bike was really, really dirty because the only place he could keep it was in his woodshop ! I bought the bike over the phone and had it shipped from Houston Texas to NJ. When I cleaned it off, there was a brand new Buell under all the wood dust with 617 original miles on it, I had to finish breaking it in. So, never under estimate a dirty bike !

How hard is it to lift up the suspension to 12S spec?

If the bike is still available two weekends from now I will seriously think about hoping on a flight to MN.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    It's never a good thing to sell your baby !
    I leave them at the firestation.....

Quote Originally Posted by keithd View Post
    How hard is it to lift up the suspension to 12S spec?
    Forks, shock, kickstand...

Someone may trade you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Forks, shock, kickstand...

Someone may trade you?
    Do you have to replace the forks? It's not just an internals swap?

IIRC the uppers are the same but the lowers are shorter (as are the springs). I haven't had them apart side by side, so don't quote me. Most people find it much more cost effective to e-bay parts they can just bolt-on.

If you choose to take it all apart, please document it It's a common wish-list item for people who find the right deal on the wrong bike.

If the bike is still for sale, I'm interested.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    My 07 SS was really, really dirty,, even when the original owner sent me pictures, I asked him if there was something wrong with his camera, he said no and that the bike was really, really dirty because the only place he could keep it was in his woodshop ! I bought the bike over the phone and had it shipped from Houston Texas to NJ. When I cleaned it off, there was a brand new Buell under all the wood dust with 617 original miles on it, I had to finish breaking it in. So, never under estimate a dirty bike !
    What would be the process of buying a bike out of state that you can't go see? How do you trust the seller and how does he trust you or how do you get him to trust you? Curious because I'm thinking of going this route.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast