Thread: What to do?

What to do?

I have a really nice 1979 Honda CBX that i really enjoy. But I've always wanted a Buell. Well there is a nice XB12SCG for sale locally. I'm not talking ditch the CBX but adding the XB to the fleet. Anyone here have experience with a CBX? Just wondering if the XB would be redundant. I would expect that the XB would handle a bit better but I'm not Joe Racer so that advantage might be unimportant. I seldom exceed 80mph. The Buell looks so hooligan if ya know what I mean

I don't think you could find two very different bikes with similar displacements! The Buell is a raw, modern hotrod while the CBX is a refined older gentleman. The Buell is light and very compact at 395 lbs. and 52 inch wheelbase compared to the CBX at about 545 lbs and 59 inch wheelbase. Consequently the XB has very light, quick steering compared to the CBX's slower, more stable steering. The motors produce similar power but have totally different characters. The CBX revs higher and is silky smooth while the Buell is a rough, tough muscle man that never lets you forget you're riding a V-twin. In short, two very different but very desirable machines. I say go for it, variety is the spice of life!

I would go for both.

I really appreciate your thoughts. Thing is I also have two other really nice condition bikes. A 71 Honda SL350 and a 75 Honda CB400F. The Buell would be a 4th bike. I imaginemany of you are thinking "yeah so what's the problem?" I know of a few local guys that have 20-30 bikes! I never thought I'd go that route :-)

What’s up with all the old school Honda’s?

My consensus is if you’ve never ridden a Buell and you consider yourself a motorcyclist you owe it to yourself to ride one. Most motorcyclists either love the Buell, hate it, or both. You already have 4 motorcycles what’s another!?

And if you rarely go over 80mph, the Buell at 80mph makes you feel like your going 200mph!

Just be prepared, the ridden experience, as mentioned above, is NOTHING like ridding a Japanese motorcycle.

Actually last year I did a short test ride an 07 XB9SX CityX. I liked it. Torque off idle was great. But the ride was too short to really know the bike.