Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: TPS not responding on ECMspy

Glad you got it all figured out and it didn't even cost you anything.

Following up: so before this problem, I changed rocker box gaskets, changed oil/filter, changed primary oil, and did the obligatory TPS reset. Who knows the last time that was reset. Reassembled once again, got a proper seal with the velocity stack and bike is running amazing!! It was running good before but now it's awesome.

To future troubleshooters - if your bike is dying only under acceleration / getting onto the throttle (20% maybe less, maybe more) - check that your velocity stack is completely seated and sealed.
    Thank you to all the dudes that aided me on this dubious journey!
    I owe you many beers.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhead View Post
    Following up: so before this problem, I changed rocker box gaskets, changed oil/filter, changed primary oil, and did the obligatory TPS reset. Who knows the last time that was reset. Reassembled once again, got a proper seal with the velocity stack and bike is running amazing!! It was running good before but now it's awesome.

To future troubleshooters - if your bike is dying only under acceleration / getting onto the throttle (20% maybe less, maybe more) - check that your velocity stack is completely seated and sealed.
    Thank you to all the dudes that aided me on this dubious journey!
    I owe you many beers.
    Also, and I’m not trying to take a cheap shot at you personally, BUT if you’re new to wrenching on your Buell or Buells in general follow the advice that is given. Don’t assume everything is correct with your assembly/mechanics if you have a problem that did not exist prior to performing maintenance.

The velocity stack was mentioned 6days ago....

A lot of guys/gals that are new to the forum and Buells too often blow off good advice.

I’m glad you’ve got your bike back to better than before running condition. Also glad that you didn’t give up, as frustrating as it must have been, and saved yourself A TON of dough by figuring it out!

Stay safe

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234