Thread: Best place to fine parts 03 XB9s

Best place to fine parts 03 XB9s

Looking for after market slip on exhaust that sounds good but won't break the bank? 03 XB9s

What's on your bike now? If it's stock, sending it off to get it modified by Hawk may be your cheapest alternative. To have your bike run properly you should then re-program your ECM. What air filter are you using? Tons of info on this website if you do some searches.

Just bought it a few days ago. So if I put aftermarket pipe on it I'll need to program the ECM? Never messed with street bikes. I'll look around on here and see what info I can fine. I was looking at Hawk slip on.

Look into the buelltooth(I think that’s what they’re called) muffler
    The provide a free tune with their aftermarket exhausts and the price is one of the cheapest I’ve seen.

Here’s a link: https://www.buelltooth.com/exhaust.html

I'm not knocking anything here and correct me if I'm wrong but, if one would go with a Buell race muffler or a Special Ops muffler, maybe a hawk but I'm not sure of this, wouldn't you retain the ability to use the muffler as a jacking point ?

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I'm not knocking anything here and correct me if I'm wrong but, if one would go with a Buell race muffler or a Special Ops muffler, maybe a hawk but I'm not sure of this, wouldn't you retain the ability to use the muffler as a jacking point ?
    I'm pretty sure the Buelltooth muffler, as cool as it is, is a bit spindly to be used as a jacking point.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Race muffler is a jacking point muffler for sure. Hawk I don't think so. I asked Randy that question when I bought one a few years ago and he kind of avoided saying "no", but I got enough out of the conversation that I didn't ever use it for a jacking point. I know nothing about the Special Ops muffler.

Special Ops muffler from what I can see is a slightly shorter stock muffler with some internal changes but it does retain a working exhaust valve, and the jacking points, it does also have a nice sound ! You'll hear it when you come back east.

I made my own muffler from a stock one. Havent installed it yet, but I did make sure to retain the jacking areas...