Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So I'm looking for an XB12S, advice appreciated!

IDK if there were changes but XB clutches aren't that big a deal. Try an 1190!

A new cable and a decent lever on an XB will net you about an 8lb pull on a luggage scale. A pound and a half (20%) different either way of clutch pull is no reason to buy a whole different bike. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    IDK if there were changes but XB clutches aren't that big a deal. Try an 1190!

A new cable and a decent lever on an XB will net you about an 8lb pull on a luggage scale. A pound and a half (20%) different either way of clutch pull is no reason to buy a whole different bike. IMO.
    Agreed, the way the article posed it was as if it was the best thing ever. But I rode a 04 XB12S before, and clutch pull wasn't really a complaint of mine back then.

One thing to consider with the 04, it has a different belt than the 05 and newer bikes. I think the 03-04 xbs had a thinner belt and this was upgraded at some time.

Some please clear this up. I know there’s a different belt on an 04 just not sure what the “upgrade” entails.

Belts and pulleys aren’t cheap if the bike you’re looking at doesn’t have the “upgrade”

Or I might be 100% wrong on this????

IIRC only the 03 had the odd belt. Hard part to find is the transmission spocket. Everything else appears to be available. I'm trying to locate parts so when my belt does go I have all the upgraded parts for the newer belt

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    IIRC only the 03 had the odd belt. Hard part to find is the transmission spocket. Everything else appears to be available. I'm trying to locate parts so when my belt does go I have all the upgraded parts for the newer belt
    /\ correct my 04 has the big belt (the good one)

Man it's hard to find an XB12S for sale that I could actually buy.

The one in Minnesota on the forum apparently sold as the Craigslist ad was taken down, for the red one in Sioux City the guy quit replying but the ad is still up. The white XB12S for sale on the forum is up in Maine. I'd take that one, but it's way too far for me to fly and ride.

This one HERE is another red 2004 XB12S, but I'd have to drive 3.5 hrs each way.

There's this one, a black 2004 XB12S, but it's got a salvage title and I don't really want to deal with the salvage headaches for insurance and selling it if I ever had to.

It would be cool if we could meet up BB, I'm just up the road in Bellevue.

A 7 hour round trip shouldn't sway you for a bike that's right for you , and right for the price. You'll have it for a long time!!

Check it out completely before you waste your time tough. The owner makes all the difference in a long distance commitment. If they wont video or FaceTime, and is responding by text only with 'UR good 2 go'...

This one is a killer deal for a nice bike and well worth the cost of shipping to your door.
    https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-XB12SCG-MAINE
    I'd ride it back though
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-26-2019 at 06:18 PM.

HERE is a 2007 XB12Scg, but it looks to have non-stock parts on it.

I really wonder how much shipping would be from Maine to Omaha. I'd ride it, but I don't have the time and I'm not 100% sure my back would agree!

Non-stock? The muffler? I wouldn't worry to much about that. Great color combo and the price looks right. Tasteful mods, mirrors, tail chop, are really common and easily un-done.

Which Buell do you want? Your thread says "S" but you're posting S's, SS's, and Scg's? They are all very different. Your inseam and height will dictate the best one for you. Getting the wrong one for the right price, is still the wrong one...

Of course theres exceptions and personal preference but, short humans should get the Scg, average humans get the S, and tall humans get the SS/STT for best body fittment.

I mean, I want an "S" because that's what I rode before, but Buells aren't all that common nowadays (compared to say, a Ducati Monster) so I was trying to cast a wider net by looking at Scg and SS bikes, too. If I had my perfect bike, it would be a cherry bomb or translucent blue 2009 XB12S, but those are really uncommon if they even made a "S" variant in 09. I'm very much in the "average" category, my old 04 S fit me well.

I thought that particular 2007 Scg was more non-stock since the cherry bomb red intake cover should mean cherry bomb red wheels, or so I thought.

edit - the person selling the all-black 2009 XB12SS sent me pics, man that bike looks nice in better pictures. Only (minor) issues I saw are the swingarm has a small scuff on the right side at the axle, one plastic bar end is missing, and it currently has no mirrors.
    Here's a couple pics:
    IMG_4432.jpg IMG_4435.jpg

Last edited by keithd; 04-26-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast