Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Down the rabbit hole...basket case 09 Firebolt

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Whats your location?
    Tulsa

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Weird, my 96 Guzzi had hydraulic lifters and still needed adjusted, I just assumed Harleys adjust too.
    Thats weird that a hydraulic lifter would need adjustment (outside the initial setting). Isnt that the point of running them? But you never can tell sometimes, especially on motorcycles.

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Possibly, I hope the goop was so thick there was no way the impeller was going to turn. It was really bad, and my shop still smells of old gas, and not just the fallout from Taco Tuesday and sour beer. From what I can tell by peeking down in there it looks like I have to yank the manifold to get to the injectors?
    Getting the manifold off is the most involved 4 bolts you'll ever come across. Get a couple of cheap Harbor Freight wrenches, and a 4" angle grinder and make some special tools. Regardless of whether the manifold need to be pulled or not to remove the injectors (I dont remember), you'll likely want to replace the intake seals.

I believe the injectors can be pulled/serviced without removing the throttle body. Kind of a pita, but it can be done. They're held in with clips that slide off the side, they're Ford injectors or similar to them. Last time I had an xb apart about 7-8 months ago, I ended up doing all of it anyway. Yes, you can also do the intake seals without rotating the engine down, I think it took me a couple of hours doing it that way.

^^^^^^ Yes, the injectors can be pulled/serviced without removing the throttle body. Not that bad.

Well that gives me hope. Right now its sitting quietly with a half gallon of Seafoam in the tank.

Removing the throttle body is not that hard either.

Going to want to rotate the engine to change the plugs 😀 in fact doing anything besides changing oil “needs” the motor rotated.

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    Going to want to rotate the engine to change the plugs �� in fact doing anything besides changing oil “needs” the motor rotated.
    http://buellmods.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    Going to want to rotate the engine to change the plugs �� in fact doing anything besides changing oil “needs” the motor rotated.
    Rotating the engine to change the spark plugs on an XB is not necessary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast