Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brakes

Brakes

Its been awhile since I've been on. I have a xb9r. I need to do front and rear brakes and am curious what everyone is using these days.

I only street ride with some spirited back country twisties

Using EBC. They stop very well, but they wear down pretty quick and leave quite a bit of dust on the wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    Using EBC. They stop very well, but they wear down pretty quick and leave quite a bit of dust on the wheel.
    I second this^^^^^
    I also find that the EBC tend to be a little noisy compared to other brands.

My experience has been if you're looking for max braking for track days or such, its pointless to focus on only the pad since the rotors play such a huge part. On my Triumph 675 I've had really good life from DP brand pads without any real notice in grip. I had a set of Carbone Lorraine pads on there which didn't even make it a year of street riding, no track days. On my wife's 600rr I had EBC pads and they were fine, but when I replaced them with new EBC pads and Galfer rotors the difference was amazing.

To my knowledge galfer doesnt make a rear rotor anymore. I know braking makes a front and rear for the xb12s which I though was the same but it seems every time I use a bike part finder none of the parts match up with my 07xb9r

I'm currently using Vesrah but they may be a bit much for street. Without good pads, no rotor will make a difference.

I'm doing both pads and rotors

You have a few choices. Vesrah, Ferodo, EBC https://www.ebay.com/itm/EBC-Precisi...item2f20bf87b8
    Last edited by outthere; 04-25-2019 at 03:52 PM.

All Buell XB, 1125, and 1190 rotors fit the same so don't bother searching by the application.

EBR still has both versions of their race rotor, try that one. I also really liked the EBR solid mounting hardware kit. It may say out of stock on the site, but if you order one, they'll put it together for you.

Brake pads are very subjective and results vary wildly depending on the condition of your system/rotor, and break-in. EBC-HH pads are pretty common and I like them as well. I have a couple sets for ZTL calipers PM me if you want them.

Brake rotors are metal and flat. Theres no magic in them. If replacing your rotor makes your brakes much better its not because it's better, it's because your last rotor was crap. You can buy new rotors that are crap, so get a good quality name-brand rotor. I have had bad results with the chinese brand BraKing YMMV.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...l-instructions

Cooter. Thanks for the info. Where can I buy the ebr race rotors. Cant seem to find them

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast