So as y'all saw in my last post, I was looking for an XB12S. Well, you can't always get what you want, but sometimes you get what you need.

I drove Saturday and Sunday from Omaha NE to near Minneapolis MN, a little over 350 miles/6 hours each way not including stops. Stayed overnight at a hotel near the seller - an older gentleman (about my age!) who was downsizing his toy collection. All the stock parts that were removed from the bike were included, and he even had the original non-chopped tail. I also got the front wheel bike stand you can kind of see in the pics. I found out quickly that a bike cover is about useless on the highway, so that came off after a while.

I also found out that cheap ratcheting tie-downs are NOT what you want when hauling a motorcycle. Nothing happened, but it was unpleasant to see a strap broken in my rearview mirror. Quickly bought much better ones and was on my way.

Here's a pic of her when I first loaded the bike up:
IMG_20190428_110056_1.jpg

Later on, with my "tow rig":
IMG_20190428_162659.jpg
(I do NOT recommend using a 2-door Wrangler as a towing vehicle very often)

And here's a much better pic:
IMG_20190428_162707.jpg
I'll try to get a better pic tomorrow if the weather holds out.

Funny that sometimes we fall in love with the things we hate. I mean, I really, really dislike the "murdered out" all-black look, but look at what I wound up buying - an all-black, "murdered out" bike. I also really didn't want an SS, I wanted an S, but I really like this 09 SS and the handling is close enough that I can't tell them apart. It's real tall in the seat but not unmanageable.

Her name's Betty, BTW.

If you need a reference as to why Betty, here you go.