Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: So I found an XB12Ss, and here she is

IMO, the SS is a much better bike than the S. But to each their own.[/QUOTE]

This quote?..... I'm 5'8" 30" inseam, with a few great deals on 2 different SS's in front of me, while I'm searching for an SCG or S. any comments? and if its worth it to buy and lower it?

I have an stock 07 SS and a 29" inseam, I have no problems with the height of the bike, oh I'm also old !

Quote Originally Posted by slee View Post
    IMO, the SS is a much better bike than the S. But to each their own.

This quote?..... I'm 5'8" 30" inseam, with a few great deals on 2 different SS's in front of me, while I'm searching for an SCG or S. any comments? and if its worth it to buy and lower it?[/QUOTE]

I prefer the SS as well. I think the earlier SS used a shorter fork (and maybe shock) than the later ones did.

34-nineteen: actually that was your quote from days ago. I wanted to know why ? and comment on my situation...I have great deals on SS's in front of me but I've been holding out for an scg at 5'8" . Now I'm considering the SS and spending to lowering it.

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    I have an stock 07 SS and a 29" inseam, I have no problems with the height of the bike, oh I'm also old !
    are you able to flat foot both feet? or almost?

Quote Originally Posted by slee View Post
    34-nineteen: actually that was your quote from days ago. I wanted to know why ? and comment on my situation...I have great deals on SS's in front of me but I've been holding out for an scg at 5'8" . Now I'm considering the SS and spending to lowering it.
    I'm 5'10" and felt more comfortable on the SS. The slightly longer wheelbase and slacker HTA slowed the handling down just a touch, which I appreciated. I'm more of a slower, more cautious rider, and the razor sharp handling of the short wheelbase bikes was always a bit unnerving. The SS still handles quick, it just dulls the edge of the razor a bit. Some people dig the short wheelbase bikes, and they're not wrong... but I felt the SS is the better choice for me. With the stock seat, I can pretty much almost flat foot the bike at a stop.

I can get both feet down but not totally. To put one foot on the ground, I only have to shift over very little or just lean the bike ever so slightly, I don't even feel the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I'm 5'10" and felt more comfortable on the SS. The slightly longer wheelbase and slacker HTA slowed the handling down just a touch, which I appreciated. I'm more of a slower, more cautious rider, and the razor sharp handling of the short wheelbase bikes was always a bit unnerving. The SS still handles quick, it just dulls the edge of the razor a bit. Some people dig the short wheelbase bikes, and they're not wrong... but I felt the SS is the better choice for me. With the stock seat, I can pretty much almost flat foot the bike at a stop.
    I'm 5'10" as well. Unfortunately for me Buell did not make a 2009 XB12S. I had an 04 XB12S, the handling was great and I prefer the slightly more compact look compared to the SS. I did not want an Scg, the suspension travel is shorter and it rides closer to the ground - really bad here in Pothole Central, a.k.a. Nebraska. If I lived back in Houston I could see getting an Scg as the roads are a lot better.

I can flat-foot the SS when wearing footwear - barefoot I can't get both heels on the ground. Don't be alarmed, I was just sitting on it in the garage. I'm stupid, but not *that* stupid!

Quote Originally Posted by keithd View Post
    If I lived back in Houston I could see getting an Scg as the roads are a lot better.
    Those roads in Nebraska must be really bad then. I stopped riding in Houston partially due to the crap roads there.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Those roads in Nebraska must be really bad then. I stopped riding in Houston partially due to the crap roads there.
    Huh, I never noticed when I lived there, and I rode bikes in H-Town too. I lived in the south suburb parts, maybe that was the difference. At the least Houston doesn't have potholes on the freeways. Here in NE I have to check my fillings after a freeway drive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast