Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So I found an XB12Ss, and here she is

In So Cal, if I walk down the street too fast my fillings would fall out. .76¢ of every gallon of gas is for "road tax", nevermind reg fee's etc

The freeways? Fuggetaboutit I believe they don't fix the freeways on purpose, because you can't speed on the surface of the moon. I splurged on FOX2.0 shocks for the Jeep, just to have a comfortable ride on the 405. Seriously.

I don't like to bash anyone's life decisions, but that stuff and 2A are enough to keep me from living in CA.
    Shame as CA was beautiful the couple times I've visited.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Those roads in Nebraska must be really bad then. I stopped riding in Houston partially due to the crap roads there.
    Omaha is pothole central and the best "fun" roads are generally the iowa county roads right across the river which are the cheap chip and seal tarmac so they dont hold up well to farm equipment, which we have plenty of. That why I've got the HD sofa sleeper

Cali used to be beautiful but now, like in the Soviet state of N.J. they've gotten into every aspect of your life and finances and, all the sunshine in the world isn't going to make up for it, not to mention most cities now resemble a pigsty plus, the ground shake's a lot !

I feel sorry for the Californians but , they say you get the government you deserve.

Theres always been Cali-bashing (and deservedly so.) My parents got some when they moved to Orygun with Cali plates on their VW micro-bus in the 70's!

All the same reasons back then too, it's just worse now

Quote Originally Posted by keithd View Post
    Huh, I never noticed when I lived there, and I rode bikes in H-Town too. I lived in the south suburb parts, maybe that was the difference. At the least Houston doesn't have potholes on the freeways. Here in NE I have to check my fillings after a freeway drive.
    I was over in the Energy Corridor (Eldridge/Memorial) and used to commute to Greenspoint (Gunspoint) and later to Greenway Plaza (over by Lakewood Church). Coming from Phoenix, the Houston roads were a ****show (aside from the toll roads). I can’t imagine what Nebraska roads are like then.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234