Thread: Best in the Twisties ?

Best in the Twisties ?

I've gotten curious in my old age, which of the XB's are best in the Twisties, in your opinion ?

Come on Kenny!
    This question is totally subjective.
    You know it’s all about the rider! And the riders level of experience!
    Bike is just a vessel

First time I ever went to the tail of the dragon on my xb12r I thought I was the man. I smoked a couple unsuspecting liter bike riders through “the twisties” only to have on old man embarrass my ass on my way back down the mountain! He was on a 2005 or 4 VFR 800 with hard luggage. That ole fool passed me in a corner like I was standing still! My buddy tried to chase him down only to further compound his embarrassment by crashing!

Long story short, the old guy was a fifty something year old local that road the ole highway 129 every day of his life. I knew better than to chase that man.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 05-04-2019 at 12:59 AM.

Never Fawk with a local. They own their backyard.
    It is subjective so I will add my opinion

I currently own a Firebolt with a lightning rear, and it is really awesome. I truly love it.
    But.... if I had to be 100% honest.
    It's gotta be the CityX
    The level of flick-ability on the XB9SX, combined with the smoothness of the 984 is just unbeatable.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

I did ask for opinions, the reason I'm asking is, I own an SS and a Ully and I can't really tell which handles better ?

Though I didn't list it, I wasn't even thinking about the 9's, good point though. If my memory serves me right, I think it was John (Lunatic) that once told me he thought the City X 9's were the best handling, I was considering buying one at the time.

Yea its really awesome
    I seriously dont need a second bike, but every time I see a CityX For sale I consider it.
    It was my first Buell.
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

My Lightning Long handles nice but I have scraped the pegs on more than one occasion while leaning. For that reason, I have to assume you can lean a Bolt more..... or maybe i just hit max lean..... idk maybe someone with a Bolt can comment....

Don't need a second bike ???????, now don't panic but, you've been brainwashed ! Go immediately to the nearest motorcycle dealer and talk to someone about your situation.
    Last edited by njloco; 05-04-2019 at 02:14 PM.

I saw a video a few years back of a mouthy kid with a helmet can on a hypermotard. He was going through some Cali canyon roads and an old dude on a 990 Adventure with dot knobbies and bags passes him in a corner. Of course at the next stop the kid catches up to the old guy and yells at him for passing in a corner, old dude just says " well where did you want me to pass you?" Turns out old dude was a Cycle World editor or something.

Theres a bunch of guys in the grey hair club that have been riding Angeles Crest Hwy (2) since the 90's. Some on serious liter bikes, but theres a couple that ride R9T's that will smoke them, and a few on big BMW adventure bike on hard TKC-80 knobbier that will scrape the hard bags around the corner passing them all on the outside

Ya, never F with a local...