Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slight backfire

Slight backfire

My Buell backfired in traffic the other day.

I think it’s time to replace the exhaust, o2 sensor, coil, plugs, wires, intake seals, exhaust header gaskets, injectors, throttle body, CPS, TPS, fuel pump assembly, wheel bearings, steering head bearings, and by god if I don’t eff with the fuel mapping I’m just a dam fool.

Please let me know if I forgot anything I can throw at the bike to end this one time backfire.

Dam these bikes are hard to figure out!

And thanks!

You will need to drop the engine out and remove the heads and clean the carbon from the combustion chambers. Replace all gaskets with Cometic kit.

Just shoot grit down the intakes to clean them, you don't need to take the engine apart to do that

My check engine light said O2 sensor so I replaced the map right away with an unknown one, swapped on new grips, and changed the oil, and now it doesn't run right with the bike all apart in the garage! What's wrong? HELP ME NOW!!

I didn't torque any other bolt on the whole bike, I don't own a torque wrench, but I stripped the drain plug and blame the manual How do I install the repair kit that comes with instructions?

All winter I have been starting my Buell cold and revving the piss out of it for my friends, then shutting it off. Now it won't start. These Buell's are unreliable.

I bought a 15 year old bike thats only been ridden 2000 miles, and the fuel pump is bad. Why does the tank have junk in it??

This is fun! Very cathartic, thanks Chicken

I like this spit balling of ideas that’s happening here.
    I might need to try them all.

BUT how do I know if my bike is a Euro or US model?
    Because that changes EVERYTHING!

And as far as the engine goes....
    I was thinking 1400cc big bore kit with a turbo should end any back firing issues?
    Comments?
    Concerns?

But I do get 15K on a rear tire, Is there a better one out I should try?? Can I still find parts for a Buell ?
    ??

DUH. Check your grounds, replace the battery, and replace the fuel pump. That fixes EVERYTHING on ANY Buell.

No need for any of that boring 'testing' and 'thinking' BS that takes up so much more time than sitting and waiting for expensive parts to show up. It's so much easier to make a quick assumption and get the credit card out!!

Just make sure you complain IN ALL CAPS the bike still backfires. After you're broke from buying all the wrong stuff. And can't afford the little thing it was all along.

OH! and don't forget we are all stupid because we can't diagnose your one time backfire in one post with the ZERO info you gave. What kind of bike do you have Chicken? 400 million modified miles on your 1190RS?

Cooter-izm:
    "Any machine is a smoke machine, if you operate it wrong enough"

I like 2 cycle smoke !

Thanks, boys... I was there last weekend. I kept it inside, but this sh*t is funny and exactly what I needed to read

Maybe some $200 grips will fix it. Oh Dayum. I think the last pair in existence just sold at Sotheby's Auction for... well above $200 I'm sure.

Good one!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast