Thread: Afv

Afv

i have a a 2003 xb9s with hawkin exhaust/k&n air filter and a race ecm/ i went to reset the TPS and i noticed the AFV was at 110 so i reset that back to 100 and it doesnot run as good as it did. i am running VP C12 race fuel50% and non ethanol 91 50% will it change while driving to suit the engine?

is 110 a bad afv reading?

i just put the race ecm in tim at IDS programed it. but a few days after i put it in my bike went to christian from occ and did top end gaskets and base gaskets new rings so before that maybe i had a intake leak? or something?after i reset the afv to 100 i did a 6 mile fast ride and it stayed at 100 the fuel sock and filter was change when the engine was out/il give it a long run

A 110 AFV is a sign the ECM is compensating slightly for the current conditions. Could be altitude, gas, whatever. 110 is fine, let the ECM do it's job.

Why the weird gas mix on a stock engine? You like the smell?

thank you i will let the ecm make the adjustments.the bike runs better on racefuel so i just cut it so i get 10 gallons of real good fuel. can i use the complete fuel pump assembly from the 08 and up like the one in my firebolt? thank you