Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted; Aftermarket Top triple Clamp 09' Firebolt

Quote Originally Posted by outthere View Post
    Where? Where leather meets the ground.
    Lol gotcha. It ain't fun. Felt like the equivalent of being thrown onto the asphalt from the roof of a single story house, ripped across the driveway at lightning speeds and then beaten by 5 guys with baseball bats repeatedly for 4 seconds!

My last crash didn't hurt. Recovery hurt. Couldn't walk for 6 weeks. Bruised (we're talking black) from the waist to toenails on the right side. Knee the size of a large Grapefruit. If my leathers fit like they should it might have saved the knee.

Twin motorcycles will make triple trees w/stem. Pricing is on the very high side though. I need to install my clip-ons with the stock top clamp in place to see if I'll like the position it puts me in before even thinking about ordering these pieces.

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/websh...9A3EE98D07.jpg

For that, you could have a basic machinist make you one on a mill, whatever design you like. If they have a CNC, even better. Or give them a Firebolt upper to mill off the clip-on mounts, then they would be clip-offs!

Can't you just mount the aftermarket ones below your stock Firebolt upper to see if you like the position?

I think I have a Firebolt upper triple here if you want to go that route, heck, it's so cheap you could just grind off the mounts yourself.

I'm not going to spend that kind of $$$ on something I may nor even like. That's the plan, mount clip-on below the stock clamp. Might be too low.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123