Thread: XB12 aftermarket exhaust for sale

XB12 aftermarket exhaust for sale

Hi All,
    I have an aftermarket exhaust for sale, although I am not 100% sure of the model. My XB12ss came with it and I finally replaced it a few months ago. I think it's a Hawk exhaust, but someone more knowledgeable please correct me (hopefully the images will upload). It's not rusted through and it's in decent condition.
    I also have the original brake and clutch levers, the original mirrors, and the stock ECM.
    PM me if interested. I am located in the Bay Area and will be happy to have you take a look if you want.
    Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images

What did you replace this with, and what were your reasons? I have a stock exhaust (2009 xb12ss) and I'm in a position to either fix the stock or go aftermarket.
    All the best.

Hi,
    One of the reasons I bought my XB was because I wanted to learn to work on the bike so I figured, basic maintenance aside, that was something else I could do relatively easily. If anything, it was just way too loud, and I didn't like the sound. I did the Magnaflow exhaust mod, which sounds a bit better in my opinion, but it really didn't quiet it down as much as I would have liked. Look it up if you are not familiar, it's a nice little project if you are looking for some DIY. I am happy with it overall.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776Brigade View Post
    What did you replace this with, and what were your reasons? I have a stock exhaust (2009 xb12ss) and I'm in a position to either fix the stock or go aftermarket.
    All the best.

Using this muffler will not solve your actuator error code. You could use ecmdroid to disable it, though.

If you just put this muffler on, you will still get the error.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 05-19-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Thanks for the heads up 34nineteen.

I was aware a new-to-me muffler won't solve that issue. Kind of stuck in a hard place cause I ain't got the dough to go with a $1,000 exhaust (muffler, new ecm, install, etc). But, I'm not happy with stock exhaust. So, I'm exploring other options for a short term fix.

I love the quote from Rick Warren.
    "It's good to learn from experience. But, it's even better to learn from other's experience."

That's my SOP./That's how I roll.

You can turn off the actuator using ECMDroid and a Buelltooth adapter. Also, look on their website some pretty decent looking exhausts at a great price.

Myself, I like the stock exhaust. But you could wire it open for the time being. After all the XB9 doesnt even use a valve.

Hi.. Sorry I'm new here..? Is the exhaust still available? What's the $ ? I'm in NV, up by Tahoe, so it's a quick trip to come by and help get that off your hands ?

Sorry for missing in action. Just sent a PM.
    Thanks.