Thread: Fast Idle after TPS reset

Fast Idle after TPS reset

So I did my first TPS reset per the Buelltooth instructions, and all appeared to be perfect. After backing out idle screw,and re-setting TPS, it took a turn or two before the TPD started to climb, indicating (at least I think) that I had backed out the screw sufficiently. I set the TPD to 5.3, fired it up and idled perfectly at just over 1000 RPMs. Rode it into work, which is about 10 minutes of stop and go and 15 on the highway, and at the first light off the exit ramp it was idling at 2000 RPMs. I blipped the throttle and it settled back closer to 1k, then rose back up to 2k. Work was right around the corner, so I parked it shortly after. Any ideas what's going on? Is the ECM trying to figure something out?

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    Is the ECM trying to figure something out?
    NO

it's called hanging-idle. ASSUMING your 2 throttle cables are adjusted correctly....your WARM curb-idle speed is too high. simply get some heat in the motor and adjust to approx. 950rpm and it should be fine.
    Thanks, is that the same screw as the adjustment I used during the TPS reset? You're saying just get the engine warm again, and back it out until its 950?

Inactive
    is that the same screw as the adjustment I used during the TPS reset?
    YES

You're saying just get the engine warm again, and back it out until its 950?
    YES

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    is that the same screw as the adjustment I used during the TPS reset?
    YES

You're saying just get the engine warm again, and back it out until its 950?
    YES
    Awesome, thanks! It appears to have (at least temporarily) fixed my slight hiccup when initially opening throttle.