Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, 08 xb12ss bogging/hesitating when accelerating

Help, 08 xb12ss bogging/hesitating when accelerating

Hi, im new on this forum and new to buells.
    Recently purchased bike and took for a couple of rides and noticed the bike boggs down when accelerating quickly, has a k&n airfilter, jardine pipe and race ecm. Ive put a new battery in it checked the voltages and everything seems good there. Also drained fuel and running 94 octane in it, also reset tps I do have a buelltooth & hooked it up and no codes showing. Wondering where to start trouble shooting? Maybe vaccum leak?
    Any help would be appreciated.

does it hesitate only low rpm or anytime you go wot?

Check all your grounds , LOL , No really new to Buells ?? what are used to riding In line 4s ? please share with us .

Have you taken the airbox off for any reason?
    If you have, make sure the airbox base plate is seated on the velocity stack correctly and that the velocity stack it seated as far down as it will go on the throttle body.
    New Buell owners tend to have “bogging” issues under acceleration due to the velocity stack not being properly installed. When it’s not installed properly it will suction to the top of the airbox and starve the engine of intake air.

Hey lunatic, thanks for your response i plan on Hooking the buell tooth up tomorrow after work, will report back with some #’s

Hey there alfdoc, seems to be really noticeable in second gear when i roll it on hard from around 2000rpm-4000rpm, any other gear is barely noticeable or intermittent, also seems to be less noticeable when i had full tank, will test ride again tomorrow after work and give ya some more detailed info

Hi silver, i have checked most grounds under the seat but not all, they looked clean to me, will give a more thorough check on all grounds one of these evenings here.
    I am new to buells never owned or road one before but did a bit if research before i bought it last November lol, did some work to it over the winter and recently put insurance on it. Absolutely love the ride of these bikes, only ever road jap bikes lol, honda cbr’s and yamaha r6’s.

Yo chicknstrips, Thanks for your reply.
    I have not taken the air box off yet but will def do that here soon hopefully tomorrow eve and will inspect and report back to ya with some more info on that. Ty

Also will post some pics for ya guys soon, just got to figure that out here lol

" they looked clean to me " famous last words, since the bike is new to you, you don't know the last time the ground were cleaned and if they were treated with some kind of anti-corrosive. The corrosion that builds up is usually not visible and, that is why we suggest cleaning them no matter what they visually look like.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast