Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: T27 bolts

T27 bolts

Is there an online place to find the t27 bolts that are used all over these Firebolts? My local Harley dealer has to order them, takes a week or more and they aren't cheap. Many of mine were missing and a few of them also fell prey to my cheap torx bits.

You could try local home improvement/ farm stores. Fastenal should have them or can get them, but if they are like the store by me, you would need to buy online. Unless you know some one that has a contractor account with them to be able to purchase form inside the store.

A good hardware store like Ace, True Value, will have the 1/4"-20 shouldered bolts you need, even in stainless, and button-head, but will be allen, not torx. If you do find T27 it's usually the security kind with the pin in the middle

I'd still like to check Mc-master Carr, Grainger, and several smaller Aerospace hardware places around here.

I curse Erik for this choice of hardware. Just like H-D and their damn obsession with socket head allens. Different is fine, but different just for the sake of being different is dumb.

I can't find any with the correct dimensions at the usual places.

I got a bunch on the way from McMaster, they're Allen head, not torx but should work fine.

I would have your problems. I don't have any bolts at all. And nuts too. With the tool inch and then the problem

All fasteners and tools in millimeters (

Noel, do you have a part # for those?

Quote Originally Posted by Noel View Post
    Is there an online place to find the t27 bolts that are used all over these Firebolts? My local Harley dealer has to order them, takes a week or more and they aren't cheap. Many of mine were missing and a few of them also fell prey to my cheap torx bits.
    how many do you need? I may have a couple extra layin around in my garage

This is what I ordered, with any luck they will be in my mailbox in a few days and I can let you know if they're right. I needed some of the shouldered ones for plastics and a couple of the non shouldered for pieces like the belt guard.
    20190515_152341[1].jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast