Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: High mileage 12s

Will do. At the moment looking to add petrol pucks/ pads. As well as another seat frame. I want to solo cut one and have a stock back up.

I found an 09 with 34k and I'm skeptical about the mileage that's why I haven't pulled the trigger. He wants 4k for it which is steep for that many miles especially when I cam get an 08 with 9k for 32 i just really like the all black so I'm torn.

34k miles for 4K! Dang that seller sure doesn’t want to sell that bike!

There’s the bike you want, the bike you need and the bike you have.

If you have to have the bike with 34k miles on it, the mileage shouldn’t matter, the condition and price should matter most. I agree 4K bucks is too much for that bike. Price should be half that.

Have you had a conversation with the seller? Might come down on the price after a good conversation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    34k miles for 4K! Dang that seller sure doesn’t want to sell that bike!

There’s the bike you want, the bike you need and the bike you have.

If you have to have the bike with 34k miles on it, the mileage shouldn’t matter, the condition and price should matter most. I agree 4K bucks is too much for that bike. Price should be half that.

Have you had a conversation with the seller? Might come down on the price after a good conversation.
    I did message the seller and he says he doesnt want to get rid of it but needs the space to make room for a truck. I offered 3k which was denied, he seemed more interested when I said I may be able to go up to 3400 but I'd really have to think about it.

That kind of mileage is a good buying point to get it cheap, but I wouldn't worry about it. It's barely broken in!

Since both of my Buells had way less milage on the clock I think that's way too high in price but, maybe the bikes are finally getting their recognition and prices are going up.

Or maybe they are disappearing, one at a time.

Screen Shot 2019-05-19 at 10.49.55 AM.png

(shudder)

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Since both of my Buells had way less milage on the clock I think that's way too high in price but, maybe the bikes are finally getting their recognition and prices are going up.
    I agree but I'm still considering it for 3400 unless I find a better deal.

The one I bought a month ago (has issues, the more I look the more I find) has 72 000 km on the odo. Previous owner claims to have rebuilt it 32 000km ago; while going for a big bore kit. But judging from past work, I wish a buell expert lived near me. PEI Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by cap1 View Post
    I found an 09 with 34k and I'm skeptical about the mileage that's why I haven't pulled the trigger. He wants 4k for it which is steep for that many miles especially when I cam get an 08 with 9k for 32 i just really like the all black so I'm torn.
    Hello. I am a buell owner again (years ago a had an X1-Lighting for a minute). I was in the same boat as you, wanted the all black color scheme. I found a local 09 XB-12Scg that was murdered out, with some extras (2 new tires, all white plastics, a few other odds and ends. Came with the Race ECM and Race exhaust. All mods that have been done are tasteful and what I would have done anyway. It has just over 14K miles and I paid $5K. I feel like I got a great deal. The bike is amazing. I have owned probably 20 or more motorcycles in my lifetime (cuurrently still have a 2008 HD VRSCDX) and this bike is the most fun to ride.

Cheers and good luck in your search.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast