Thread: New here, just picked up an xb9

Hybrid View

New here, just picked up an xb9

Hello everyone, New to the forum. I did not see a members intro spot, if i missed it I'm sorry.
    I picked up an 03 xb9s from a guy at work for 400$! It does run but its been laid down and something is up with the transmission. I will be crating a build thread and picking the brains of everyone here, my dad also owns a few buells so I'm a little familiar with the bike. I will be on the hunt for a number of parts, thanks in advance.

IMG_1408.jpg
    Last edited by odinsraven; 05-11-2019 at 04:52 PM. Reason: image

Usually someone would make a comment about your gas cap being upside down, but uuhhhh your bikes upside down.... Congrats on the bike though lol.

[QUOTE=djs2k2;612257]Usually someone would make a comment about your gas cap being upside down, but uuhhhh your bikes upside down.... Congrats on the bike though lol.[/QU

Ha! I didnt even notice the gas cap, and im not sure why it upladed like that.

Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    Usually someone would make a comment about your gas cap being upside down, but uuhhhh your bikes upside down.... Congrats on the bike though lol.
    HAHAHAHAHA

I hate it when attachments do that.

Good luck with the fix. For $400, I can understand why you would go for it. That's nothing and even if the engine and trans are toast, the rest of the parts are worth more than that
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Pics from Australia do that

Welcome to the forum! I'm sure if you describe whats wrong with the transmission we can help you quickly diagnose if its easy (shift pawls behind the clutch drum) or hard (shift forks or dogs inside the engine case)

Any updates on your Buell? I just picked up a pretty cherry XB9r love it!! Looking for passenger rear set if anyone has some also