Hey guys
I've been a proud, patient owner of my 05 xb12r now for 10 months and since the second day of ownership I have been swinging a wrench at her. Now, I'm a 40yo seasoned rider with about 22 years riding experience and working on bikes, little did I know this was going to be my biggest challenge, mentally. i am an electrician by trade and have done all my own work on bikes just because i couldn't afford to bring them to the dealership when i was younger, so I learned through manuals, trial and era as a kid and now we have all the knowledge we need at a click of a button.
Riding has been a passion of mine since before I could remember and after watching a class B HBO movie called "Winners take all" I wedged that crushed soda can between my tires and frame of my Dyna GT bicycle and off and running I went, still love the movie btw. After going through a few different styles of motorcycles I realized that I love the sound and torque of a HD but also love the sport riding, so a Buell seemed like the obvious choice and what a choice it was. I fell head over heels in love with this bike but god can she be a ball buster.
Without getting into every detailed problem I've been through and dealing with the finicky characteristics of the machine, through this website I've been able to achieve any task needed towards the bike. Recently I had the dreaded primary lip break for the ramp assembly and to my surprise it was a common issue. I say i was surprised because since day one there hasn't been a day where I don't read or research on these bikes and i've gone through hundreds of posts, until i actually looked it up and found it was an issue but could easily be fixed.
The point of this write up was to first say thank you to Dave from DMF Machining for coming up with an innovated fix and providing a very reasonably cost fix. He was a pleasure to deal with, prompt and delivery was fast. Not to mention the product was high quality and he gives you a life saver to boot, what a guy! Yes I could have fabbed up an electrical blank plate and I did which would have worked but after reading how well his stood up i was happy to support a fellow bueller who just wants to help the community. Speaking of communities this is hands down the closets and non cut throat site I've found and 99 % of the time when a question is asked, it is answered instead of telling someone to just do a search, this is how sites die. Obviously everything has been covered but new ideas always surface along with troubleshooting skills and experiences.
So in conclusion because of all the wonderful knowledge that can be obtained from this site I've really had no need to ask questions or participate, not because I think I'm better but because you have been better than me and allowed me to fix any issue with some simple research and ease. So just to name a few, Lunaticfringe, Cooter, ICH ( think he is gone but i love him ) and Dave from DMF Macining i wanted to say thank you. You guys ( among many not listed ) are the reason why this site is the best motorcycling community out there.