Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DIY: Stop guessing, test your intake manifold seals for under $15.00

My god I hope I don't have to go down this path.

Can I check for play just by removing the TPS ? and the opposite side of the throttle body? Or is there something in the way on the opposite side?

I only have a bicycle pump, may try setting up something with that. Christ I hope I don't have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    My god I hope I don't have to go down this path.

Can I check for play just by removing the TPS ? and the opposite side of the throttle body? Or is there something in the way on the opposite side?

I only have a bicycle pump, may try setting up something with that. Christ I hope I don't have this issue.
    Yes you can take off the nut holding the throttle cable wheel and remove it from the shaft. TPS side has a pin through the shaft which makes contact with two tabs within the TPS sensor, not critical to remove it but if you want to see what all is going on you should AND while its off apply RTV so when you install it will be leak free. If you look at the bore picture I posted you can see wear marks from the butterfly because of the bushings being worn. Should be able to accomplish the leak test with a pump Maybe 2 people, one keeping pressure up and one with the water bottle checking for bubbling.

Yes, I am late to this thread, but I'm going to add this tool to my project bikes future! Thanks for posting this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12