Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Noisy Girl

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Aircooled conversion?

Oops! HAHA 34:19, pdksh had so many issues with all his bikes falling apart at the same time I got confused.

I was thinking an air-cooled conversion may run a little smoother :-)

Im down to one sick motorcycle now. I left the best for last. I do have to rotate my car tires and my floor jack is under my 1125. Does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by pdksh View Post
    I was thinking an air-cooled conversion may run a little smoother :-)

Im down to one sick motorcycle now. I left the best for last. I do have to rotate my car tires and my floor jack is under my 1125. Does that count?

Any news on the engine rebuild/swap?

i Have sourced a used 2008 motor with apparently 5000kms but getting ahold of the seller is challenging. I'll give him a week to get his act together, then ill flee bay a head, cylinder and piston...

I do have a question about timing if I rebuild the head. Since the engine was stuck I didn't bother using the crank locking tool or the cam locking tool for TDC. The bottom end makes two full rotations per one rotation of the top end, BASIC 4 stroke therory. When you completely tear down a head you need to make sure the front and rear cylinders are 100% in sync with each other and with the crank and the stroke. Is it the power stroke or exhaust stroke... I'm sure the service manual does a terrible job of describing this. If the used engine doesnt pan out, this will be my next challenge.

I always wondered how does ECM know when to spark IF the cam posistion sensor is on the bottom end of the motor... Does it spark twice? Once per crank rotation? I believe old Shovel Heads and other traditional points ignition engines did spark twice per the full 4 stroke process. Just my random musings.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123