Thread: Stator/Rotor

Stator/Rotor

I just did a new stator/rotor upgrade. Rick's hot shot volt. reg., and stator. EBR upgraded rotor, new crank nut, etc. My stock rotor had a drill mark, but my new EBR had three, better for oil I assume. Just didn't expect the stock to have any at all. The stock volt. reg. has Ducati stamping on it. Did Buell use Ducati part(s)? Sorry this is all for a 2009 1125cr. 2300miles

Yes, there are several Magneti Marelli components on the 1125CR, including the instrument panel. Do share your parts list as this is something I need to do myself as well!

Yes, like Mesozoic said, the R/R on the 1125's is a Ducati part. I didnt know the gauge cluster was a Magneti Marelli part.

I sent back the rotor core to EBR for the core charge. They are going to let me know what the differences are when they get it. I am 100% sure it was an OEM I took off. I will let you know when i get more next week.

I'd be curious to see the difference between the two. Please let us know what you find.

When I bought my 1125CR, I was told that it had the EBR rotor installed, however the owner did not have a receipt for when it was done. I did notice that the "Harley harness" was not present, and I could tell by the gasket sealer that someone was in there before.

For Mesozoic or anyone looking to swap out stator/rotor. I talked with the EBR tech. last night and told them everything I did with the Rick's parts on the bike. EBR is saying the Hot Shot voltage reg. is hit or miss. They are seeing some of them creating a miss fire to the motor. They also are saying there is nothing wrong with the OEM stator in the bike, the rotor is the problem with heat burning them up. Also, they suggest keeping the OEM volt. reg. My CR idles, revs through all gears smooth, and I have not noticed any "misses" going on. So I will not tear the bike back down to put back in OEM parts. Use heat sink paste! If I did it again I would have just called EBR and just did the Rotor. If your stator is already failing from heat, then a new stator. For anyone in central Pa., Lancaster HD has a certified Buell Mech. I will be using him for the future for things like the 12k valve adj. Oh yeah, if you decide to do the work yourself BUY a crank lock tool. There are people out there saying don't bother with the tool "do it this way" DONT listen to them.

My first 1125 has the Cycle Electric 605 R/R on it (with the Harley fix harness in place). It seems to be great, except the R/R is pretty freaking big. It was tricky trying to find a place to mount the damn thing.

My current one has what appears to be the Roadster Cycle Super Mosfet FH020 kit.

I may have to dive back in at sometime to replace my starter sprag gear/clutch as I do have a "clank" upon shutdown. However, as I ride the bike the sound does go away. It may just need to be ridden more.... or it could be on its way out. If/when I have to dive back in I want to verify if it really has the EBR rotor and the aftermarket (Ricks?) stator. The PO said it did, and I can tell someone was in there, but did not have receipts for the work done. But for the price, I was ok with it either way.