Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 xb12x will start but won't run

2009 xb12x will start but won't run

Bought 2009 xb12x. First week ran well. Second week started to lose power and stumble. Would barely start. Reset TPS. Replaced TPS. Replaced spark plugs. Reset TPS again and again. Only has 9000 miles. Not sure what to do next.

Might be ur Fuel pump ! , I would spray a mist of gas in the TB if it revs up ,I would be looking at the pump, You then could do a fuel pump pressure reading. Has the bike been parked for a time ?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ROJ View Post
    Bought 2009 xb12x. First week ran well. Second week started to lose power and stumble. Would barely start. Reset TPS. Replaced TPS. Replaced spark plugs. Reset TPS again and again. Only has 9000 miles. Not sure what to do next.
    remove the airbox cover...then remove the airbox inner lid which exposes the throttle body just like joe mentioned. get yourself a small bottle and put a few ounces of gasoline in it. try to start the motor. if it won't start dribble some fuel down the throttle body then see if it starts. if it does but stumbles try giving it a small amount of throttle and dribble some more fuel into it. if that brings it back to life you have a failing fuel pump. i stock both new complete OEM pumps as well as complete pump rebuild kits. contact me if you need help.

Thanks John ^^^^^^^^ Good details.
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-18-2019 at 09:51 PM.

Thank you! Been off line. This is my first Buell. Is the fuel pump hard to get to / replace? Have only replaced the plugs and TPS so far. If I let the bike go cold, do TPS reset. It starts right up but only runs a few seconds. After that I have to really work the throttle just to get it to start. Will not idle on its own. Will the Buelltooth give code for fuel pump? So far, no code.

I'm about to try tie suggestion.

roj

I think the bike was parked for awhile with only 9000 miles. 400 by me. First 200 miles ran great. Second week of ownership went south..

RJ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PZmszKJpFg

http://buellmods.com/

Welcome to the group , show some bike pics please.

If it was parked for a while with old gas in it, could be the pumps tea bag filter clogged up .
    Last edited by Silverrider; 05-19-2019 at 12:08 AM.

Thanks. Good to be here. Is this tea bag filter easy to clean?

Looks like I have to take out the rear axle and wheel and disconnect the rear shock and drain the gas to get the pump and filter out?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast