Thread: 2005 xb9sx lightning cityx

2005 xb9sx lightning cityx

Hello everybody,

this is my first post so hi guys!

As a good noob I need some help. (I'm a double noob cause this is my first bike)

Right, I have the aforementioned bike with a Jardine exhaust, breather mod and a baro sensor kit.
    The guys from Buelltooth sent me the proper map for my settings and I flashed it to the ECM
    and then did a TPS following the instructions on their web site.

Bike was great for a while, then started to worsen and now in the low revs range really sucks.
    I don't really know how to explain it technically but it's like gurgling from 1500 to 3000 rpm then goes smoother,
    but still the power it's not constant and it's like jerky when accelerating.

Could it be I need to change the exhaust, maybe getting a Torque Hammer that, as I "understand" has a more flat torque curve?
    Or it might be some other mechanical problem?

Thanks in advance for your help

Marco

Inactive
    another failing fuel pump. this site is now averaging 4 weekly....and 2 just today.

this.....or a new pump for $100 more for board members.

https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...-ready-to-ship

The all seeing eye has spoken, I would listen and also order the parts from him.

Could be a fuel pump, maybe not. You could diagnose it before you spend a bunch of $$ on a total guess?

The Buelltooth thing you bought uses ECMDroid to install maps. ECMDroid is a fantastic tool to use for diagnosis. I will not give you fuel pressure readings to know whether or not the pump is bad, but it will do a thousand other things to let you test for the problem without guessing.

It’s your first bike and your first Buell.
    I’m willing to bet that you’ve been revving the engine, while the engine is cold, to hear that sweet Buell sound. That being said your plugs are probably fouled out and contributing to your problems.
    Number one Buell rule; DO NOT REV A COLD ENGINE. Blipping the throttle on a cold engine, which runs fairly rich at start up, inevitable leads to fouled plugs.

Also, whether the fuel pump is failing or not, it’s 14yrs old. Not a bad idea to pull it and freshen it up. John, lunaticfringe, has put together an excellent rebuild kit. Or as mentioned you could buy new from him.

Either way, do the simple things first: check all your ground connections, check your plugs, insure TPS has been reset properly, test your intake seals(tell tale sign of leaking seals is very high AFV). If you’ve eliminated all of those possibilities as your running issues then rebuild/replace the pump.

Good luck

Thanks everybody for pointing out a direction.
    I'll check all these things and keep you posted!

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    It’s your first bike and your first Buell.
    I’m willing to bet that you’ve been revving the engine, while the engine is cold, to hear that sweet Buell sound
    Btw... that is EXACTLY what I did!

Well, you're certainly on your way to being a Bueller! LOL