Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most common/important Preventative maintenance?

Quote Originally Posted by TeXB12s View Post
    I have a lot to prove to the ppl in my local riding community after i bought a buell. Im going to assume everyone in this buell forum understands what i mean in my last statement.
    Nope
    You lost me on this one.

I don’t believe anyone should ride ANY bike to prove ANYTHING. That’s just me.

Anyway, back to your original inquiry. There’s really nothing you can do to prevent normal wear and tear items from expiring due to use. Well, aside from wrap your bike in cellophane and store it in a temperature controlled environment.

Best advice I can give you; go to www.buellmods.com and download a service manual. Follow the procedures in the manual for any maintenance issues that come up and enjoy your bike.

Oh, the ONLY torque spec you shouldn’t follow is the one for the drain plug. A LOT of novice and experienced Buell owners have stripped out the oil drain plug by torquing the dam thing. 1/4 to a 1/2 turn past hand tight is all it needs.

Good luck with the bike
    Ride safe

TPEHAK="Teabag", was a forum member who was booted. Not a juvenile joke from Porky's Revenge.

Not sure what you have to "prove" to anyone about a Buell. A motorcycle, any motorcycle is an extension of your personality. Sounds like you have 'something to prove'. Good luck with that. Besides, trash talking is part of the moto brotherhood, don't take it so personal. Welcome to Buell. We are nice here

You posted a good question, and got the answers: There are precious few things that 'normally' fail on a Buell XB, But regular wear and tear is exactly that. There's no mechanical device unaffected by wear. You will need to maintain it, like any machine. It is a motorcycle, it can save you life and it can cost you your life. IMO I treat any bike like I value my life.

The last Buell's built are a decade old!, you want trash talking ammo? Ask the friends you want to impress how much the last valve adjustment cost?, or how many chains have they replaced?, have they done the annual coolant flush yet? Haha. I have bought several Buells for less than what ONE Ducati valve adjustment costs. No thank you Duc.

This forum is a repository for anyone with a Buell who is having a problem. It can seem like there's only posts complaining of issues, but really... Who sees a doctor when they are feeling fine?

IMO, I would MUCH rather ride around the world on a 10 year old Buell with a handful of tools, than any latest greatest whizz bang bike that needs a helicopter recovery to get to the nearest dealer because of a 'Limp-mode'.

Amen Cooter.

Are we sure that this isnt actually teabag? 16 posts, all complaints and problems. No pictures.

Seabag?

LOL

****n seabag? That was some outstanding work Shaughn

What can I say WC? Good whiskey bring out my creative side

Huckin' Seabag...

I have not had a membership to a forum since 2005 when i bought my first sport bike so im still getting adjusted to structure . I dont know if there is a smartphone friendly app for this forum it would help tremendously..other than that i think we are all guna be great friends..we will be penis bumping in no time..im bored with this post now, im guna start another one. But dont let me waste your time while your scrolling through your social media apps posting meme while sitting on the toilet.

BTW Cooter, what's wrong with Armour all and what do you suggest instead to make the black plastic look new and shiny?

Slicker than snot on a doorknob. My wife put some on her bicycle seat, once.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast