Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2008 Buell XB12Ss -- Die at idle

Quote Originally Posted by samuelseggs View Post
    Let me add also, I bought the tps 4129

TPS VOLTAGE :: 4.08V at full throttle and 0.56V at closed throttle
    Were you getting similar readings to what I posted before replacing? Did it make any difference changing it?

Last night I didn't get to complete what I wanted, I ended up just buying material to clean the TB and IAC port. Tonight I will be checking the resistance, injectors to see if it leaks just following the manual procedure (simple), and then cleaning the IAC. If everything checks out, I will fire up the old girl and spray in some carb cleaner around the intakes, see how she reacts. I doubt simply cleaning my IAC will fix my issue but I can always hope. Judging by the voltages posted from Cossack, I may as well order up that dirty TPS sensor.

I have alligator clips for my multimeter with plastic covers on the end so I went on a search for ones without to no luck. I can't fit it into the TPS pins with the plastic ends so I'll likely burn them off tonight so that I can measure the ohms while twisting the throttle. Although at this point, I believe my TPS needs replacing.
    Last edited by cocoabutterlover; 05-29-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Am I seeing this correctly. Is this the right TPS4129?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...1352641&jsn=10

03-07 (DDFI2) TPS voltage can be tweaked simply by loosening the two bolts and rotating the TPS clockwise or counter... hence the need for a TPS reset as they will all show slightly different voltage. It is degrees that matter and that you can get a clean sweep from minimum (idle set screw stop) and maximum (85 degrees DDFI2). With software connected to the bike simply view degree value and verify the same value are achieved over and over by twisting the throttle grip. If it checks out OK you're just throwing money away.

Quote Originally Posted by lowkey View Post
    03-07 (DDFI2) TPS voltage can be tweaked simply by loosening the two bolts and rotating the TPS clockwise or counter... hence the need for a TPS reset as they will all show slightly different voltage. It is degrees that matter and that you can get a clean sweep from minimum (idle set screw stop) and maximum (85 degrees DDFI2). With software connected to the bike simply view degree value and verify the same value are achieved over and over by twisting the throttle grip. If it checks out OK you're just throwing money away.
    I have 2008.

I know... you and some others could use the info posted regardless. Stated HOW to verify TPS is working properly or not and why them posting their voltage is pointless... clean the IAC and verify it is working as intended.

lowkey: You are totally right about DDFI-2, and I agree, posting voltages is pointless and confusing the issue. Cocoa means his TPS has no slots, no physical adjustment. DDFI-3. HTH you guys understand each other

Cocoa: I don't think your TPS values are causing any issue. A TPS re-set for DDFI-3 tells the ECM what the values are for idle and WOT instead of in DDFI-2 where you need to give the ECM the reading it expects*. Thats why it's non-adjustable in DDFI-3. And like lowkey said You still need a clean sweep test.

I am convinced the ECM taking 25% of fuel out of the bike for some reason is a big issue and yes, a leaky injector could cause the AFV to drop like yours is.

"As a diagnostic step, use ECMDroid to re-set the AFV to 100 and in "ECM Parameters" set the minimum and maximum AFV values to 95-105 to narrow the adjustment the ECM can make, does the bike run better?"

It's free, easy, and will answer a bunch of questions ^^^^

*over-simplify alert
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-29-2019 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    "As a diagnostic step, use ECMDroid to re-set the AFV to 100 and in "ECM Parameters" set the minimum and maximum AFV values to 95-105 to narrow the adjustment the ECM can make, does the bike run better?"
    You are a genius...
    My AFV readings was 78.2 so I reset to 100 the Bike ran very well, but after a while the readings went back to 96.1

Does this mean I still have to check for a leakage at the TB??

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    Am I seeing this correctly. Is this the right TPS4129?

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo...1352641&jsn=10
    Whats your location... I have spare TPS you can have it.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    Were you getting similar readings to what I posted before replacing? Did it make any difference changing it?

Last night I didn't get to complete what I wanted, I ended up just buying material to clean the TB and IAC port. Tonight I will be checking the resistance, injectors to see if it leaks just following the manual procedure (simple), and then cleaning the IAC. If everything checks out, I will fire up the old girl and spray in some carb cleaner around the intakes, see how she reacts. I doubt simply cleaning my IAC will fix my issue but I can always hope. Judging by the voltages posted from Cossack, I may as well order up that dirty TPS sensor.

I have alligator clips for my multimeter with plastic covers on the end so I went on a search for ones without to no luck. I can't fit it into the TPS pins with the plastic ends so I'll likely burn them off tonight so that I can measure the ohms while twisting the throttle. Although at this point, I believe my TPS needs replacing.
    I really can't remember the readings.. Although according to the ecmdroid my tps was bad, so I swapped it out. Although TPS wasn't the only issue I had with my bike... I noticed a few changes though. Backfiring reduce and idles a bit much better... But i still had to deal with Grounds following LAF(Lunatic awesome fix) heheh

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast