My experiences with taking my bike to a mechanic has gone as follows:
1. Right when I bought it I took it to a shop (there are only two in the city of Chicago who will work on a Buell...) to have them drain and swap all the fluids and give it a once over. They changed out the primary oil but didn't put any gaskets on it.. hence the water in the primary. They didn't change all the fluids as there was a tear in a fork seal that they missed because they didn't change the fork oil. Well, either that or they did change the oil and put the old seals back in. Totally possible.
2. Needed new fork seals and rear wheel bearing was almost seized so I took it to the other spot... they tried to charge me $1200 for the pleasure.

It's absolutely brutal being a girl and taking your bike to the shop. Apparently that experience is magnified when there's a Buell involved. I can't figure that one out. People nerd out on my bike everywhere I go except a repair shop. Parts aren't that hard to find. I dunno..
So, I figured it's about time I start working on my own bike. I'm going to school for mechanical engineering so I can design them, and I want to get confident with my mechanical skills as it's becoming less and less common. Now, how difficult is this gonna be? I've read through the service manual a couple of times now. It makes sense to me. I believe that I do not need to rotate the engine to access either the fuel pump or the throttle body, correct me if I'm wrong.. It'll probably take me an absurd amount of time. I've got a couple of questions, and I'd welcome and and all input.
1. Should I order new gaskets and seals before I start?
2. What is the best way to clean fuel injectors?
3. What am I looking for when determining if the fuel pump needs to be replaced vs. repaired?
4. From the manual it looks like the most common repairs for the fuel pump are related to the filter, lines, or wiring. Is there anything else I should look for?
5. I know that proper diagnostic procedure is to do a fuel pressure test when determining if the fuel pump is faulty; however, is there another way I can get to the same conclusion? I don't have a test kit/gauge and I would like to be able to diagnose the problem today. If not, I'll wait, of course.
6. Any pro tips that I won't find in the manual pertaining to injectors/fuel pump stuff?

I think that's it. I really appreciate all the help you've been so far, and if this is really too difficult I'll listen if you tell me to stand down.