Thread: Male connecter on 03 XB9S ecm

Male connecter on 03 XB9S ecm

Can anybody tell me what the male connector prong is in between the 2 wiring harnesses on my ecm. For some reason I've never noticed it until today.KIMG0408.jpg

Here’s a little insight.
    I remember this “mod” but never really paid any attention to it.
    Read this thread: https://www.buellxb.com/forum/showth...ng-CityX-XB9SX
    Should enlighten you on the purpose of the white wire.
    An answer is about 7 responses down the page.

From your pic it looks like the white wire that is suppose to go to that male connector has been “moded“ to ground.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 05-30-2019 at 09:44 PM.

In that picture it looks like an entirely different white wire running to the connector. The "white wire" mod uses the white wire inside the duetche connector. On the picture in your link there's a 2nd white wire running to the connector. While we're on that topic. Does anyone know how to disable the white wire using ecmdroid/buelltooth. From what I've read people say there is an actual white wire setting you can disable but I don't see it anywhere in the new software. Iv seen them say in ecmspy it will be listed as white wire delete or white wire disable but like I said I see that nowhere in the new software.

The XB12 uses that middle spade connector for the IEV. XB9 ECM's either don't have it at all or don't use it.

If you have a XB12 with the stock IEV, you can disable it in ECMDroid. Go to ECM Parameters and check "disable IEV".