Well it is appreciated 3419.
Thank you to all who have responded.
I am taking forever getting this issue fixed unfortunately. Work and the triple digit heat is kicking my butt. Hopefully by the weekend I will have tracked down my multi meter and I can really start digging around.
During this adventure to figure out my blinkers I have read John Vreede's #fixing earthing problems thread. Super helpful. I think there was also a thread by lunaticfringe (if it was someone else, sorry) on the grounds hidden behind the headlights that really helped a lot! (just can't find it again at the moment) Whether it fixes my blinker problem or not, that is some rock solid preventive maintenance that will get done immediately. Who knows, might kill two birds with one stone. My bike has had an off idle stumble almost since new. Well within warranty it became very noticeable. The Harley tech at the dealership just shrugged it off as "a Buell thing". I took his word for it and figured it was all part of that "charm" and "personality" buells have. These bikes have tons of charm and a great personality without stumbling at idle, I am so very glad to know it is a fault not a feature. A fixable one at that!
This blinker issue leading me here to buellxb for advice has been the best thing to ever happen to this bike.
Thank you Internet people.