Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Left blinker non functional, right blinker works fine....

You should be able to reverse the wiring in the tail to check to make sure the LH turn signal actually works and isnt open or shorted. You can probably do that on the front, and the connectors should be behind the flyscreen. The result you are looking for is to see that when you flick the switch to the right, the LEFT signals should illuminate. This will ensure they are working properly. If they do, I would be looking into the switch or wiring on the turn signal.

That is a great idea, nice and simple but should be informative, I will definitely try that! Thank you

I got the turn signal lights reversed both front and and back. It worked. The left flashed with the right signal activated.
    Last edited by Red85; 06-05-2019 at 04:22 AM.

Does your bike have a chopped tail?

No the tail is stock. Still has the oem signals and license plate light.

Have you tried using an ohm meter on each wire in the circuit, might be as simple as a broken or disconnected wire.

I was looking for my multi meter last night to do just that, but it seems to have grown legs recently. Will be trying that asap. Thanks for everyone's input.

Quote Originally Posted by Red85 View Post
    No the tail is stock. Still has the oem signals and license plate light.
    I've seen (and done) this on bikes with chopped tails, but it does hurt to double check this.

On the back of the bike there are 3 pairs of wires, one pair for the LH signal, one pair for the RH, and one for the taillight. Make sure someone hasnt mixed up the wires... or in the case of a chopped tail, plugged a turn signal into the license plate light wires, and wonders why everything is all wonky (like I did.... lol)

I am glad you mentioned that. I actually did the same thing while troubleshooting.. Felt pretty silly when I realized what I had done. Glad someone else made that mistake too and not just me, lol!
    Then I found the correct wires and did my switching around and got the results described above.

Quote Originally Posted by Red85 View Post
    I am glad you mentioned that. I actually did the same thing while troubleshooting.. Felt pretty silly when I realized what I had done. Glad someone else made that mistake too and not just me, lol!
    Then I found the correct wires and did my switching around and got the results described above.
    This is my life....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast