Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Ulysses belt pulley

2008 Ulysses belt pulley

Hi,
    New to this forum, but not Uly's. Love them great bikes.

Question, my current one has the belt pulley tensioner squealing real bad after riding a couple hundred miles in monsoon conditions. Is the bearing in there replaceable and if so does anyone know the size?

I would just pull it myself except for it's 3000 miles away in Oregon and I'm going to fly out and ride it to Alaska in a couple of weeks.

The dealer wants $108 for a new pulley. Hate to go that route for a $10 bearing.

Thanks in advance

Walt

Yes you can easily swap the bearings in the pulley with regular tools. I would PM Lunaticfringe on here for parts, or SPHDonline.com, or Newcastle Harley Davidson, or All-Balls racing.

You can also get a service manual download for free at Buellmods.com or Buelltooth.com

Good luck in Alaska! Sounds like fun

Inactive
    correct bearing part # is 6203-2RS-10......dimensions are 5/8" inx40mmx12mm....double sealed.
    look at link below for pics on how it's done. easy project with minimal tools and cost efficient.
    and be DAMN SURE to mark the spacers "left and right" or you'll regret it later.
    if you run into any problems contact board member Cossack. he's extremely friendly and very helpful.

https://www.twinmotorcycles.nl/artik...?cid=7&aid=292

Fantastic! Thank you Cooter and lunaticfringe! That's a great tip on the spacers.

I'm also going to swap out the rear wheel bearings. We had those fail on another Uly which we changed in a Canadian Tire parking lot in Nova Scotia. In the rain. Good times!

Alaska trip, good for you. A couple of us on here were talking about doing it last year, unfortunately, it never came to pass.

Pictures of the trip p!ease.

Isn't it funny how you can look back and say " good times " when you broke down in the rain and had to change out wheel bearings in a parking lot, memories.

Enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Isn't it funny how you can look back and say " good times " when you broke down in the rain and had to change out wheel bearings in a parking lot, memories.

What chu talkin' 'bout Willus?

LOL

Yeah, that's messed up but depending on the circumstances, someday, you might look back and think fondly about it.

I do NJ! Optomist rode to one Napa 100 miles away and got the ONE bearing they had, then rode to another Napa 100 miles the other way and got the ONE bearing they had, and boom, Bob's yer uncle. Fixed up just in time for

Quote Originally Posted by njloco View Post
    Alaska trip, good for you. A couple of us on here were talking about doing it last year, unfortunately, it never came to pass.

Pictures of the trip p!ease.

Whatever happened with that guy who was towing a big canoe behind his bike to Alaska?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast