Thread: Engine Stand Recommendation

Hybrid View

Engine Stand Recommendation

Starting my big bore kit on a 2005 XB9. Does anybody have a recommendation on a good engine stand to buy?

IMO you won't need an engine stand for that. If you are just swapping cylinders and pistons, you won't even have to take it out of the bike. Good luck, and post pics!

Unless he's doing a 1200 conversion.

1200cc BIG BORE KITS FOR THE BUELL XB9!

From $1400.00

These kits take your XB9 out to the maximum bore size you can safely get in your stock cases. The result will astound and amaze you, as the lightweight XB9 really responds to the additional displacement. Of course, this engine kit comes with the finest quality components money can buy: Axtell iron lined cylinders, matching forged Hurricane pistons with tool steel wrist pins, Total Seal rings, and Cometic EST gaskets! Note: case boring is required for installation.

This would be an interesting build as the stock 1203 is undersquare, and this should make the engine pretty oversquare. It would probably really wake it up and probably outrun a stock 12.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 06-05-2019 at 06:09 PM.

It is a 1200 kit from NHRS, so the whole thing has to come out.

Probably going to be worth your while to send the crank out for balancing or getting the pins redone in the later, larger size for durability. Dan at NRHS is the man. Can't say enough good things about him.

I would imagine a stand made to hold a late model Sportster engine should be fine. Then again, Dan at NRHS will know the answer to this as well.

This will be interesting.

A 1050 kit is simple. Like Cooter said, rotate the motor and you should be able to slam dunk this project in less than a weekend in your garage. My comment about an 1200 conversion was my way of poking fun at Cooter for missing a detail. LOL.
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 06-05-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Since he didn't bring any beer last time, he deserves it ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ !

I do now !

LOL