Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Buell Xb12Ss

The fatbob light toget her with everything cost me about 500 Canadian. Like I said, I had a sweet hookup.The exhaust I think is the best one too. I had a ****ty burnt out Jardine on there and as soon as it started up with the race muffler I knew I made the right choice.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoabutterlover View Post
    The fatbob light toget her with everything cost me about 500 Canadian. Like I said, I had a sweet hookup.The exhaust I think is the best one too. I had a ****ty burnt out Jardine on there and as soon as it started up with the race muffler I knew I made the right choice.
    That's not too bad really. I've spent way more on projector retrofits which aren't even really an option with these bikes. Not to mention you have a quality OEM housing with proper optics that aren't blinding everyone on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitcherman View Post
    That's not too bad really. I've spent way more on projector retrofits which aren't even really an option with these bikes. Not to mention you have a quality OEM housing with proper optics that aren't blinding everyone on the road.
    That's exactly why I jumped all over these

Short video from last night. If you look close enough she spits FIYA!
    https://youtu.be/fC45iCWp1vU

Short video from last night. If you look close enough she spits FIYA!
    https://youtu.be/fC45iCWp1vU
    Thats a good looking bike. The headlamp really fits the lines of the bike and adds a more modern asthetic to it, aside from these guys who just bolt some utility LED light they picked up at some off road shop.

She's a keeper!

P.S. Keep the pics coming about the headlight conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    Thats a good looking bike. The headlamp really fits the lines of the bike and adds a more modern asthetic to it, aside from these guys who just bolt some utility LED light they picked up at some off road shop.

She's a keeper!

P.S. Keep the pics coming about the headlight conversion.
    32.jpg
    33.jpg
    31.jpg

Ps: What you looking at my gut fer?!

Is the spider included?

GIMME A BAM!

Is the spider included?

GIMME A BAM!
    No dice. And if you notice, the bottom fastener we tried to epoxy but the epoxy cracked. So right now its aimed and mounted with just the left and right side moutns.

No dice. And if you notice, the bottom fastener we tried to epoxy but the epoxy cracked. So right now its aimed and mounted with just the left and right side moutns.
    You sir, are what they would call a shrewd negotiator.

It looks like you just hung the light from the stock Buell headlamp mounting points using some flat steel strips. Does it vibrate without the lower mount? You may want to epoxy in a small nut and try to bolt the lower bracket to that?

Clean, simple, effective. Nicely done!
    Last edited by 34nineteen; 09-21-2021 at 08:16 PM.

You sir, are what they would call a shrewd negotiator.

It looks like you just hung the light from the stock Buell headlamp mounting points using some flat steel strips. Does it vibrate without the lower mount? You may want to epoxy in a small nut and try to bolt the lower bracket to that?

Clean, simple, effective. Nicely done!
    In the epoxy there was a threaded insert and the epoxy cracked due to vibrations I'm assuming. I'm not sure if there is a more forgiving epoxy I can use or if I should make a cross-member type bracket for the bottom (mount it to the cooling fins) and then put a threaded insert into that bracket and then fasten the bolt to it that way. But I don't have a welder or shop or anything. so for now it will stay the way it is.

I have bigger fish to fry, broke my left side driver's footpeg last weekend when I stopped and forgot to put my kickstand down like an idiot. Slowly guided the bike down.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast