Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2008 Buell Xb12Ss

I want to not like this, but looks good. Do you have any closer pics to show the fit? Or details about the installation.

Asking for a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I want to not like this, but looks good. Do you have any closer pics to show the fit? Or details about the installation.

Asking for a friend.
    The fatbob housing has vertical cooling fins on the back, so basically, it was drilled into two fins, a metal piece was put in (to drop it to clear the front cowl bottom edge), and then fastened to where the original headlight unit goes. The bottom we tried to epoxy a threaded sleeve in, but when I went to torque it, the epoxy snapped. So for now, its only fastened on the left and right sides. But I aimed it and tightened those well enough that i hasnt moved since last year. Waylon from BC,Canada made it for me. Came off a crashed fat bob I believe. He had one on his bike originally and posted that he had access to another headlight assembly so thats when I put my name on the list and got it made for me. I think he had to make some wiring changes too to make it jive with the original plug.

Blurry night shot with parking lights on. The license plate lights are LEDs that are built into the license plate fasteners. Rim tape is by CustomTaylor33, very good reflectivity.

20200617_214520 (Small).jpg

I want to not like this, but looks good.
    Perfectly said for me too. Some angles I'm like "Na" but others I'm like "Ya!". Looks like it works really well and all in all, not a bad customization
    Maybe its the lower edge of the upper fairing that needs a massage? No matter, looks good, is custom, and you're riding it! Win

I had to edit this so the detail shows up but I also had a rear Brembo kit installed. Snagged that as part of a garage buy when I went to just pick up 30$ turn signals and left 500$ later with a bunch of goodies in hand (turn signals, buell soft bags, buell varsity jacket, Buell textile jacket, brembo hidden rear brake, spare airbox cover, carbonfiber oil cooler cover, and chin fairing (mine was broken when I bought the bike)). All in all, I think I did pretty good.

I also rebuilt the rear shock this time around, re-chromed the shaft and powder coated the spring (red), and new seals.

20210811_141138 (Small) (2).jpg

I too am interested in some close up photos of how that headlight is mounted. Bike's looking good.

Nice. Race exhaust. I've always found those to be the best mix of sound, performance and utility. There are other exhausts that sound good/better and/or make more power, but IMO the Race exhaust the best all-rounder... and you can still use it as a jacking point.

Those Fatbob headlights are NOT cheap, not even on ebay used.

Nice. Race exhaust. I've always found those to be the best mix of sound, performance and utility. There are other exhausts that sound good/better and/or make more power, but IMO the Race exhaust the best all-rounder... and you can still use it as a jacking point.

Those Fatbob headlights are NOT cheap, not even on ebay used.
    Were you able to find an actual OEM unit? All I was finding were Chinese knockoffs.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast