I totally understand those who love track days and racing and hate riding on the street. I've done a couple track days and a class or two but I love riding and it pretty much has to be on the street. At a time I commuted from Annapolis, MD to Chantilly, VA every business day for ten years. Guess what is directly in the path between those two places... Washington DC. I had to quit telling my wife how many times cagers (people driving cars) tried to kill me today. Cagers from all over the world drive in and around DC. I put 160,000 miles on one motorcycle riding this commute. (I had more than this one scooter during that ten years). I did everything I could to be on a motorcycle. I refereed bicycle races, I taught MSF, I went to rallys and met up with friends for a piece of pie on weekends. Iron butt. And I've only had one collision - my stupid fault - I rear ended a cager. No big deal but it counts as the only one. I'll keep riding as long as I think I'm in control. I'm a lot like the guy in NJ but I'm older. Ride like you mean it. Use your MSF and SIPDE. Always predict where the problem will happen and DON'T BE THERE!