Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Not responsible enough

Hybrid View

Not responsible enough

I have been musing over EBR 1190’s as of late. Seems every time I jump on my bike I think,” how different would riding this section of road or through those curves be on an 1190. Then it dawned on me as I hit a buck and a quarter merging onto the freeway. “I’m not responsible enough for that bike. I’m doing a buck and a quarter on my 152 hp, 780 lb tourer. In that same stretch of road, I’d probably hit a buck fidy on an 1190! I’d be in jail, probably.”

Then it occurred to me. No “responsible” person buys a 185 hp motorcycle to ride on the street! (Cept maybe the fine gents on buellxb.com.) I feel vindicated and realize that not being responsible enough makes me a perfect candidate for an 1190!

Now, sx or rx. That is the question.

HAHAHAHA

Maybe the rest of the world is insane, and you are the person who needs to bring them sanity on an EBR

Tough call on the SX or RX. They are both SexyAF.
    Maybe the SX, due to the lack of fairing and windscreen would force you to ride slower on the highway??
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

No, not really, I can tell you, lack of a wind screen does not directly effect MPH well, at least not in my case.

No
    it just forces you to change your riding position.

Before I rebought my XB12, I had an FZ-07. If I rode at the stock position, I felt like I had to hold on for my life once I broke 65mph, or had to crouch down hard.
    I was going to change out the handlebars to make the position more aggressive, but then decided I needed another buell.
    Was about to buy a CityX, but then the guy I sold my bike to, decided he wanted a water cooled Buell, so I got lucky and was able to buy my original buell back
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Hope this helps you get a SX

IMG_0594 by Jack Joseph, on Flickr

Naw. I lived in Germany in the '80s. I had a V65 Sabre. Only 121 hp but most of the German bikes were voluntarily limited to 100 hp. So going down the Autobahn at 150 mph (240 kph) I could pass almost any motorcycle I encountered. The Sabre had a big fairing and windshield. Those guys tucked down in the bubble on their GXR would almost crap when I went by.

BTW, 160 mph really eats rear tires.

That's one sweet ride SR! I've been checking the EBR picture thread. You're black rendition!! WOW!

Quote Originally Posted by dantroop View Post
    That's one sweet ride SR! I've been checking the EBR picture thread. You're black rendition!! WOW!
    thx man , they are fun rides !

If you are looking for sensibility and reason here, thats your first mistake. DO IT! Hahaha.

The EBR isn't a bike to replace the Lightning, they are just so vastly different from each other and built for totally different purposes. I have been lucky enough to be able to have ridden hard most every new fast bike of the last 10 years and I voted with my dollars to get the EBR, and I have never regretted it

The EBR is easy to ride. I keep mine under 6000. Haven't even hit triple digits yet...
    The XB is completely different. Actually after having the EBR, I enjoy the XB even more. I agree, they are not replacements for each other, rather complements.
    The guys are right, you will laugh, cry, and poop yourself at the same time.
    My secret to riding sane...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rb70383; 06-06-2019 at 09:21 AM.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast