Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Not responsible enough

^^^^^^^^When I did ride street it was full leathers all the time. Asphalt eats the skin and I have the scars to prove it from a few bicycle accidents. Bigfoot's a figment of someone's imagination. The air-cooled simplicity of the XB's hard to beat and easy to look at.
    Last edited by outthere; 06-13-2019 at 02:24 PM.

When people ask me, "aren't you hot wearing that jacket and pants?" I tell them I'm asphalt adverse and I like my hamburger on a bun not my body. I think racing (eons ago) instills wearing ATGATT. I never ride without it.

I think racing instills not riding on the street! LOL

^^^^^^ I loathe riding on the street anymore. Some fu@kstick is always taking a selfie of themselves while driving and trying to kill me. It's only going to get worse. Until they start handing out attempted homicide charges for hitting us and murder charges for killing us it won't stop, it will only get worse! If I come to your house and beat you with a baseball bat I will get charged accordingly. If you hit me with your fu@king car you get a ticket. There are no repercussions for these assho!es!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I think racing instills not riding on the street! LOL
    I agree. When I was racing, riding on the street was such a boor, I hardly did it.

But it’s been many years since. However, I think I would have to at least do track days if/when I pick up an EBR

Well I guess this is about as good a time as ever to get this off my chest. I've made a decision after my last get off to stop street riding and will be selling all my street bikes. I'll get to the crashing part later. For roughly the last seven years as I put my visor down and let the clutch out to leave my driveway I'm FULLY prepared for a fistfight......why? Because some fu@kn scumbag or numerous scumbags is going to do it to me. Someone is going to have their front bumper up against my back tire, someone is going to turn left in front of me, someone is going to almost run me over after I've signaled a turn, someone is going to pull out in front of me, someone is going to veer into my lane. It's not a question of if it's going to happen on a ride it's when and how many times. I don't like leaving my driveway with that feeling of being all ramped up for something I should be smiling about. It's just not there for me like it was 30yrs ago. I literally hate it. I will continue to race and do track days, we are going full bore on the RC51 in AHRMA next yr. I will continue to play in the dirt as well. Back to my last get off, stopping street riding has to do with me as well. I have very little self control, if I'm on some back road and come across a cool section I'm going to turn around and hammer it through that section. I don't want to get off on the street. Getting off on the track is a learning experience.......I got off, I analyze what happened fix the mistake and go out fighting to get faster. A get off on the street on my behalf is flat out because I did something I shouldn't have done and probably won't live through that get off. When the last street bike is sold I will part ways with this awesome forum. You guys have been like family to me. I will not part ways with those of you I've become very close with ( you know who you are) I'm looking forward to a lifelong friendship with those guys........
    Last edited by wickedchop; 06-14-2019 at 10:15 PM.

You'll be missed, why don't you stop riding on the streets but, still come on here, you have lots of knowledge and I'm sure the guys that do track days would still like to converse with you, at least think it over.

As far as the street riding goes, while I can appreciate where your coming from, I used to ride through some of the worst traffic you could imagine but I decided I'm not going to let these idiots dictate to me when and where I can ride due to the fact that they can't drive, especially since it would be the same thing in my car.

I still participate on a forum for a car I no longer own.
    Its still fun.
    So yea, no reason for you to leave. The majority of bikes here will be the same years from now
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Hello, All,

I generally agree that the situation on the roads has deteriorated for us bikers. However, it seems much worse on the East Coast. Out here in the West ( excluding the big Urbans) riding is pretty decent. Lots less traffic and a lot more space I suppose.

I think, too, that there is a higher level of awake drivers( make of that what you want). One coping strategy that I have evolved to is that I just use the Uly on the public roads these days. It helps keep the speeds more "normal" ( although Cooter would not agree) rather then bombing around on the EBR. Sorry to sound old but I am enjoying the scenery more rather then burning up the twisties--definitely losing the top 10% ups the odds considerably.

On gear--After riding for years with an oddball mish mash of gear I invested in the one piece Road Master from Aerostitch.

Guess what, it is totally waterproof so far, offers awesome protection and is warm. In hot weather I just wear shorts under and it is not too bad. Only problem is too many pockets and I get mixed up but I am working on that.

So -- the responsibility thread--back off a notch or two and wear the best gear you can afford--and oh yeah, stay in the West.

Opto

to dantroop,

I would love to find a home for my EBR so PM me if you want to discuss. I have never done a track day and probably never will--for some reason it spooks me more than riding on the highway.

This will date me I know but back in the mists of time I actually met Dick Mann, at the time #1. Probably the best rider on all tracks in the whole world and he never rode on the street. At least that is what I remember.

Opto

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast