Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Not responsible enough

I've never been on one of the new gen 200ish hp liter bikes, but have owned several over 100hp. Nothing is as big of threat to my license as my KTM dual sport with DOT knobs on it. I am ashamed to say what ridiculous hooliganism that bike brings out of me, may as well be 600hp instead of 60.

Quote Originally Posted by optomist View Post
    Nah, What "it" is saying--"I have 15,000 miles, newish tires and am looking for a new home".

I am enjoying the putt mode that the Uly offers, plus the roomy luggage. I think hyper-mode has left me. Another thread today on this forum refers to the "the siren song----", well, in the case of the RX it was a different sort of Siren and potentially very expensive.

Up in the mountains, the Uly is sufficiently sporty and to date it is my highest per day miler ever. Just eats up the miles and doesn't beat me up. I am trying to shift emphasis from burning up the miles to longer campouts and maybe some fishing.

Loved the RX, had to have it--now is different.

Opto
    I've got one in my garage (not a buell)saying, "Let me outta here!"
    Love moto camping. Unfortunately it's been a year (Carrizo Plain). What a blast booking it at 80 mph in the dirt on my dualsport.

Just put TKC-80 Knobbies on the STT ^^^

Moab, UT here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Just put TKC-80 Knobbies on the STT ^^^

Moab, UT here I come!
    Picts?

I always post pics Gotta get there and take some!

That's a beautiful picture, I'd be paranoid riding on it, about some big animal jumping out and I end up hitting it at 60+ mph.
    Do you camp out at all on these trips, that would be my style though not all the time, one must get a proper cleaning to be comfortable especially when around others.

P.S. enjoy the TKC 80's but be careful remember, if your alone, help isn't exactly around the corner but still sounds like fun, someday I'll take the ully out there with proper tires on.
    Last edited by njloco; 06-08-2019 at 01:26 PM.

Or you could stay home and watch league bowling.

If you can't make it to a shower for what ever reason, there's always a smoke shower. Not recommender for more than a couple days of funk.

My fav are the pirelli scorpion xc mid hard. Too bad they don't last long on the pavement. Great in the dirt though. Last set I had on my ds were Michelin T63. Lasted a bit longer. Was thinking I might try the Michelin Anakee Wild.

Nice pic. Nor CAL highway 1?

Looking at the Anakees myself! Once the Continentals wear out, but they are made of stone so...maybe thats never? Haha

The pic is on Highway 62 coming into Crater Lake on my way to the BEST Marionberry pie on the planet! I camp for 3 days, then luxury hotel/hottub/laundry to keep the funk off. Livin' large

Camped about 100 yards off this gravel road 2 miles past a secret entrance to the Redwood Forest (wasn't supposed too) Felt like land of the lost! I thought Big Foot was going to snuggle me at night

Sorry for the hijack

Big foot6.jpg

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast