Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 Bearing Rear

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    this happens alot mike. and it goes like this:
    the 3-bearing XB rear wheel will fit all XB's except the 7/2002 thru 12/2002 XB9.
    the 3-bearing axle will interchange with both 2 & 3 bearing wheel styles
    you are missing items 1 & 2 in the provided schematic and that is why the wheel is shifted over towards the rotor side.
    items # 1 & 2 both install on the rotor side.
    the schematic i've listed provides the part numbers. buy new or used. still a few of each in dealer inventory.
    IMPORTANT: when installing these you MUST install a small amount of grease around outside lip of the spacer. and you MUST initially snug up axle....the loosen 2 turns...then torque to spec. that procedure properly seats everything.

Attachment 11887
    The master has spoken.

Pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Not sure if the bearings are the same I never looked into it. I'm sure John will know.

I know the 2 I can see are the same

Lunatic and I agree you are missing the spacer, (#13 in my pic, #2 in his), and thats all you need to install the wheel correctly in your bike, with the right axle. Part numbers in my other post.

You 'might' not have the additional Uly dust seals (he only mentioned #1, but it's #8 as well in his pic), but you can omit them. They won't affect the assembly and the bearings are sealed already with the "RS" suffix.

Yes, all three bearings are the same:
    E0005.5AK

That black thing (spacer) in the 3rd pic isn't what your talking about, possibly installed in the wrong order? thanks

Yes, you are correct
    It's the big, thick (3/16"), black washer that goes on the axle after the axle goes through the wheel, on the single bearing side, then thread the axle in the swing arm.

External of the wheel, not between the bearings. Your pic seems to show the spacer was put behind the bearing.

Neither of the exploded views show any spacer between the dual bearings either.
    Last edited by Cooter; 06-09-2019 at 02:34 AM.

Njloco the 3 bearings on the Cyclone are not the same. 2 different part #s.

I'll get that fixed, thanks. In the meantime In bought another NOS 2 bearing wheel. $149 complete.

0-4.jpeg

0.jpeg

My 08 Uly has the 3 bearing mod and it doesn't look like the pictures shown before.

This top pic (drive sprocket side) shows where the spacer does NOT go. It goes on the brake rotor side shown by the bottom pic.

It is easy to mistake where the spacer goes because it looks like it fits perfectly on the drive belt side.

Thanks to the lunatic for guidance.

Last edited by The Bob; 06-09-2019 at 06:25 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12