Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New S3T owner

The rear brake on my S3T is good for minor slowdowns. I've changed the pads several times and the rotor once, not much improvement.

There is a tutorial for fixing the side bags either here or on BadWeb. I'm going to fix mine later this summer.

Enjoy the ride!

What's the repair of side bags? Could you post a link?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob View Post
    I found it once. Now it gone. I'll let you know when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bob View Post
    http://Www.badweatherbikers.com/buel...842/34032.html

There ya go.

I stripped my bags of hardware today in prep for glassing the bags. I'll get some photos up of the work.

Does anyone have a side stand dragger that want to sell?

Does anyone know where this part goes? It came with the bike, and the previous owner said that it's had to put on, but he didn't show me where it goes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/94HSnpbhPdda8whv8

Google says its the wireform that is part of the latch for the saddlebag assembly. When it showed the picture it looks like a part of a latch that holds the saddlebag onto the mount. Probably the front mount.

That said, I have never owned a S3T or likely ever even seen one in person, let alone this part.

Part # C0542.J or 91278-97Y

Thank you for this information. I've had the opportunity to bleed the brakes. It helped, and i've gotten accustomed to the feel.

I'll see if I can remember to take a picture of that part installed tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I good cure for Buell wooden rear brakes is a rear master cylinder change. A little smaller bore (11mm IIRC) will give you a much more progressive feel and better actuation. A larger piston in a caliper would do almost the same at a higher cost. I think the Brembo P32 is the upgrade for these? I'd have to go way back in the memory for that one...
    Thanks Cooter, I bled the brakes and they have gotten better with use. It has the Galfer rotors on it front and rear. I'm happy with the braking and won't be making any changes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast