Thread: WTB Clutch Lever

WTB Clutch Lever

I mostly want a stock OEM clutch lever but I'd consider an aftermarket lever that installs easily and works perfectly.

Thanks ^^^^^. They are both from St Paul Harley. :-)

LOL

Just an FYI
    I upgraded to the CRG levers which are adjustable so that no matter what size your hand is, you can have the lever the perfect distance from the handlebar.
    and they come in a variety of colors so they look cool as well.
    I got them from Revzilla
    IMHO, they are worth the moola.

CRGclutch.jpg

CRGbrake.jpg
    Jack-O-Lantern
    2006 Buell XBRS LightningBolt
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/album.php?albumid=129

Now that you mention it, I wouldn't mind adjustability.

I agree with Lusipher about adjustable levers. Even the cheap e-bay ones are really good today. They have been copying parts for so long, even the tooling marks are the same from the identical CNC program.

Caution: On the brake side, about 10 years ago it was so common to substitute a GSXR lever that application charts assumed they were the same. They are NOT.

What would happen is... on installation, the M/C piston would be slightly compressed not allowing it to uncover the equalizing hole at rest in the M/C. Once the brake was warmed up and applied... it would stick ON. Not a good day.

The solution with $15 levers is to keep your eyes open while installing it. You should be able to get a small amount of clearance between the levers plunger and M/C piston to know you're GTG.

No matter what you choose, don't forget to put a tiny dab of grease on the pivot pins, the face of the M/C piston, and the hole where the clutch cable end goes.