Thread: 2009 Buell xb12Ss for sale

2009 Buell xb12Ss for sale

THIS BIKE IS NO LONGER FOR SALE
    I'm selling a 2009 Buell xb12Ss with 12,799 miles on it. It's the Lightning Long version in Cherry Bomb red.

It's almost completely stock except I did a custom tail tidy. It doesn't have a custom license plate holder though. I just used L brackets in the short term as I was exploring the option of putting the plate on the swing-arm.

The only issue is the IEV (Interactive Exhaust Valve) actuator unit is not functioning. I planned to upgrade the exhaust, so it has not been replaced. If you are on this forum, then you know the IEV is rendered useless when you install an aftermarket exhaust.

I'm selling it because I can't afford a two Stallion garage. It has a clean Colorado title ready to sell.

Here's the Craiglist Ad:
    https://denver.craigslist.org/mcy/d/...913485395.html

IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0182.jpg
    IMG_0188.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    Last edited by 1776Brigade; 06-23-2019 at 10:32 PM.

That is a really nice bike at a great price, I hope it goes to a nice home.

I actually found your ad on CL, so it's nice to see it here too. If you were closer to me, I would probably have made you an offer by now. I'm not quite at the point of committing to a 'fly and ride'. Yet...

Have it shipped !

From someone who has done “fly and ride” before. Shipping isn’t too bad. Unless you are our Russian friend!

If you want to have it shipped, I know a guy, he is very reasonable.

12sechatch - I understand the hesitation. I bought this from a Harley dealer in Oregon. had it shipped. Turned out the bike was in great shape. had a local Buell mechanic go thru it, and all he ended up doing was changing the oil. The rear tire is ready to be replaced (probably wise to replace both front & rear together). And, as I noted, if you want to keep it stock, you can go with the option of eliminating the IEV, or replacing the actuator, or go with an aftermarket exhaust. I recommend the latter if you want a more robust sound with more volume. Tons of video on here and Youtube of various options.

Appreciate the kind words on this forum.

THIS BIKE IS NO LONGER FOR SALE.

Did some soul searching - demo rides (Indian FTR 1200S $20,000!!!), and decided to keep this ride for a bit longer.

Indian, Buell, that's an easy decision, especially when it's a pretty red one like yours !