Thread: New user, new bike

New user, new bike

I haven’t owned a Buell in a long time, but my brother wanted to sell his 2006 Ulysses. I always wanted one, so I offered to buy it. My brother bought it ~8 years ago from a German guy that decked it out with every Touratech accessory in the catalog, so very little to farkle. It also has the Buell tank bag and the stock Buell/H&B luggage, not pictured here.

90A95601-544A-4F59-99F7-9DBA5D581C1D.jpg

Looks like the mechanical timing was played with or the CPS was replaced?

Do you mean the missing circular plate on the engine? It just vibrated itself off. It was on there when my brother got the bike but after a few years it started rattling and ovaling out the holes on the plate. Eventually my brother just took it off when one of the rivets gave up. I’ll put a new one on, but it’s a lower priority than stuff like fork seals, oil changes, and new tires.

I like that, keeping it in the family !

Welcome to the forum.

Thanks. My brother and I have always been Buell fans. In addition to this bike he also had a Lightning (XB12Scg) and a 1125R. But he sold those since he’s more into peddling now (he spends more on downhill mountain bikes than I ever spent on motorcycles.). This Buell joins my Triumph Tiger, KTM supermoto, and KTM640 adventure.

Yes, I was talking about the timing cover but it’s easy enough to rivet on, ive done it a few times myself, still a nice bike. Welcome to the forum