Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thunderhill

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Outthere if it's a dangerous organization maybe you should pm endo and let him know. Cooter, I only go through tech like thisAttachment 12323
    WC, that wouldn't pass where I go. Your wheel weights aren't taped!! Nicht Gut!!

Quote Originally Posted by rb70383 View Post
    WC, that wouldn't pass where I go. Your wheel weights aren't taped!! Nicht Gut!!
    Sometimes I tape my weights sometimes I don't. Tech knows me VERY WELL, they know I come with a tight safe machine 100% of the time and they pretty much leave me alone.

I never understood why taping the weights got to be a tech 'thing'. Was them flying off really a common problem?? I've never heard of it.

I've never seen weights fly off. Mine have never come off but then again I probably don't go fast enough anyways. I did get an axle slider tossed my way from some assclowns bike on the first lap of the day Sat and had no choice but to run it clean over with my front wheel at corner entry. Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Sometimes I tape my weights sometimes I don't. Tech knows me VERY WELL, they know I come with a tight safe machine 100% of the time and they pretty much leave me alone.
    Its like my vehicles. Not necessarily the machine as it is the loose nut behind the wheel...
    Taping the wheel weights makes no sense to me. I didn't have the fun of finding it, but last track day some one lost a license plate.

What is everyones take on back protectors? The place I go through doesn't require them but recommends them.
    Last edited by rb70383; 09-24-2019 at 08:17 AM.

They aren't just slide protection, they're meant to stop your back from over extending the wrong way. Unless you are into advanced Yoga, you can get them from $40 to $140 and it should last pretty much forever.

I wear one at the track and occasionally if I'm feeling super racy up Hwy 2 but not for normal street riding

He has one, he bought my Dainese when i got my tech air unit. Get off and catch the rider behind you front wheel in your back and you'll know why you should wear a back protector!

^^^ IMO should be track requirement , back protector.

^^^It is where I come from and wheel weights won't stay on my back wheel no matter what so, I tape em'.

Sonoma on the 21st. I'm going to switch out the exhaust back to the Drummer. More bottom end and rev's quicker. It's might be the tune's a bit sharper.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast